Not connected, Your IP: 3.239.162.98
greyhawk3

Asus RT AC68U: Not Connecting to the Service

After some research and eval, I chose AirVPN and an ASUS RT AC68 router for a friend who needs it.  I set it up and got it working months ago.  He uses Verizon FIOS and the config had to be torn down bec the set top boxes stopped accessing the Net.  Essentially, we had to change out the Westell router.

For the life of me, I can't find the .ovpn file I used to connect him back when.  Made a new one using the Config Generator, but the router no longer makes a connection to an AirVPN server.  Just never activates on the router itself.  Do I need to edit the .ovpn file to make it work ?

Another new wrinkle is that I made his secure ASUS router the DMZ host on the Westell router, bec it was such a PITA to come up w/ a hook-up that would permit the Westell and the ASUS to co-exist.  My friend has a small group of desktops that will do torrent traffic and need a secure network via the ASUS router.  His family can't be bothered, so they're sticking w/ the Westell.

I'm going over to his place tomorrow, for another session.  I got Android and iPhones talking to AirVPN, along w/ a couple of Windows 7 PCs, so it's no great shakes.  The ASUS was working until we had to change out the Westell.  Can't say Verizon is my favorite provider at this point....