Not connected, Your IP: 18.222.193.207
Sign in to follow this  
jbloggs

New User -setup questions

I'm currently running Linux-Mint 17 and Ubuntu-Mate 14.10 (new install).

I've downloaded and installed the linux AirVPN Client and it runs fine ( though I can't login as I havent registered an account yet)

Questions:-

1) Do I need to setup a firewall first?

2) I have port forwarding set up in my Billion  modem/Router for existing system. Will I need to change this for AirVPN Client ?

3) once I have a registered account and have set up a firewall and port forwarding, will all network connected programs ( Firefox, Konqueror, qbittorrent etc) automatically connect through the AirVPN client?

I apologise for these probably basic questions but on the 'Net I could only find How-To's for setting up private VPN server/client systems.

1) Do I need to setup a firewall first? No, you don't have to.

2) I have port forwarding set up in my Billion  modem/Router for existing system. Will I need to change this for AirVPN Client ? No 

3) once I have a registered account and have set up a firewall and port forwarding, will all network connected programs ( Firefox, Konqueror, qbittorrent etc) automatically connect through the AirVPN client? Yes but, for security reasons, make sure you've chosen a different port for forwarding than you've set on your router.