Not connected, Your IP: 18.117.81.240
Sign in to follow this  
atreceu

ANSWERED Using AirVPN to unblock US Netflix on a smart TV

I'm trying to figure out a way to unblock the US content of Netflix on my Samsung smart tv. On PC it's very simple of course, just connect to a US server and you're good to go. But is it possible to somehow share this connection to my tv? I was thinking about bying some sort of wifi device for my PC and somehow sharing the AirVPN connection as a Wifi hotspot and then connecting to it from the tv. Would this work? (How?) Any other ideas?

Thanks.

You could create a virtual network device on a Windows machine (or Linux) to share your VPN connection via WIFI or use a Router with custom-firmware (DDWRT/OpenWRT). For the first option you could use a GUI tool like Connectify, virtual router plus, http://virtualrouter.codeplex.com the CMD way. I would recommend VirtualRouter option because it's easier than cmd.

CMD way:

You have to run CMD as Administrator -> Search CMD -> Right click -> run as administrator

Type the following

netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=VPNWIFI key=passyouwant

netsh wlan start hostednetwork

You should see "The hosted network started"

Now we have to go to “Network and Sharing Center” (Right click on vertical bars icon or search it on Control panel)-> Change adapter settings

Look for the adapter  "TAP-Win32 Adapter" -> Right click -> Properties -> "Sharing" tab -> Tick "“Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s Internet connection” and select  your virtual adapter you create before (Trick: its description should be "Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter").

Connect with your AirVPN server

Profit.

Hello, I have tried two of the suggested methods using Virtual Router and the CMD one... the Virtual Router one worked after disabling my firewall... However, my TV (samsung) is connected to my actual location and not the vpn sever with a different location to which my computer is connected to ... any suggestion?

Thanks.