Not connected, Your IP: 13.59.218.147
nockieboy

Configuration of Deluge on Raspberry Pi?

Hi,

I'm setting up a remote deluge client on my Raspberry Pi so I can have an always-on torrent service, but I'm wondering how I'd go about setting it up to use AirVPN?  Is it possible?  What would I need to do?

Thanks in advance!

1. Using (Air)VPN on a Pi is really no different from doing so on any other Linux machine. I'll assume you use Raspbian. Install the "openvpn" package, its daemon looks for .conf files in /etc/openvpn/ .

Put your generated AirVPN config file into that directory and change the suffix from .ovpn to .conf. You can control the daemon using the service command:

service status/stop/start/restart openvpn

2. It would be a good idea to configure the iptables firewall in order to avoid any leaks. You will find examples in the How-to forum section.
If you don't feel comfortable with iptables, you can try ufw which is an iptables front-end that provides easier syntax.

3. Quick way to check your current IP on the Pi:

wget -qO - ifconfig.me/ip

4. One thing to look out for: The Pi does not keep time well (at all) on reboots or power outages. If time is off by too much, you won't be able to establish VPN or SSL connections so make sure your Pi can always communicate to an NTP timeserver. If your router comes with a timeserver (many routers do), you can add its IP address to the ntp config file.

https://raspberrypi.stackexchange.com/questions/24079/how-to-use-ntp-on-raspberry-pi-by-local-ntp-server

all of my content is released under CC-BY-SA 2.0