Not connected, Your IP: 18.222.240.21
Sign in to follow this  
wraith1385

Trouble Accessing IP Camera

Hello,

I am having problems connecting to my Foscam IP camera since setting up AirVPN.  I am using OpenVPN on my Asus router so all traffic is flowing through the VPN.  I have the port forwarded on both the VPN and the router and for ease of troubleshooting, the ports are all the same.  I also have dynamic dans setup through the VPN and still can't connect.  

Can anyone help?

Are you trying to connect to the camera from outside of your network, or from inside your network?  I'm assuming outside, since you are talking about Port Forwarding.

Make sure that when you are connecting from the outside that you are specifying the port on the AirVPN server, not the local port.   For example, the camera might be passing though forwarded port 22000 on your router, and power 22380 on the AirVPN server.  Make sure you are trying to talk to it over 22380.

I know this seems elementary, and I'm not trying to insult your intelligence.  I just have seen people make this mistake a lot (particularly with other VPN services though, because it's harder to get their port forwarding working compared to AirVPN).