Not connected, Your IP: 18.191.117.41
thebeat

Just moved in a new apartment, how do i know my VPN is really secure?

Hi All,

i'm not really tech savvy so please bare with me:-) Somehow, with the great support @ Air VPN i was able to secure my connection.. By essentially force and restrict all traffic to the VPN service. I recently changed apartment so naturally i'm a bit concern(read paranoid here, really:-) that the previous 'settings' might not be working anymore in the new apartment. In short I just would like to ask to air vpn staff or experienced forum members to please help to review the steps i need to take in order to prevent *ANY* DNS/IP leaks.. In a easy-easy to understand- fashion, thanks:-D

Previously i set the following rule in comodo:

-set the following comodo rule for utorrent

Allow IP In/Out From IP In [10.4.0.0 - 10.9.255.255] To MAC Any Where Protocol Is Any

Allow IP In/Out From MAC Any To IP In [10.4.0.0.0 - 10.9.255.255] Where Protocol Is Any

Block IP In/Out From MAC Any To MAC Any Where Protocol Is Any

So essentially, i forced utorrent to use *ONLY* the vpn as well block all the non VPN connection attempts, correct? Now i did something i can't remember with the command with the ipconfing.. Do i need to update this settings since I've moved in a new place, or is it ok to leave it like this?

-Did something which i also can't remember with the host file..

Again, do i need to change anything here?

-Changed the DNS settings*primary and secondary* to air vpn ones. 

Should be fine to leave it the way it is. Right?

- On the VPN preference settings I've; 'check if the tunnel is using air vpn DNS' and 'force dns' enabled.

Passed both dnsleaktest.com and ipleak.net tests. Well at least is not showing my IP.. checkmytorrentip.com seems to be offline. any alternatives?

Lastly any other security tips/suggestions to avoid leaks?

Thanks in advance!!!

Damn.. ipleak.net is a comprehensive tool.. Unfortunately is showing that i have problem with WebRTC(chrome).. More importantly i'm not sure if torrents are leaking or not..?

Can some Air VPN shed some light? 

As Flat4 said apparently there's no way to block WebRTC in chrome.

Install firefox.

In the address bar type in about:config

In the top section there's a search bar ->Search for: media.peerconnection.enabled

Double click on it and set it to false

If you dig privacy don't use chrome