Not connected, Your IP: 3.142.124.252
pokey15

AirVPN on Tails OS, need help, send in the marines.

Hey guys, i got Tails OS and purchased an airVPN subscription, i downloaded the file for linux install. Now i am completely lost on how to install it. i found the synaptic package manager, no idea what i am looking at.. so i gave up on that. Then i read on how to install via terminal, gave it a few shots before i broke down and walked away. i am exhausted from trying to get this installed, SO much stuff to learn just to install something seems like i would never figure it out even if i got it installed. if anyone can explain how to install it like i am 5 years old i would really really really appreciate it. As far as i can see the only things you can install are via synaptic package manager and its a small list of programs. couldn't find airvpn in it.

What you're trying to do is theoretically possible but currently neither recommended nor supported by Tails. Before trying anything else, I would recommend taking a step back, getting a bit more familiar with Tails.

Read both the FAQ
https://tails.boum.org/support/faq/
and the documentation
https://tails.boum.org/doc/

• Tails is a "live" distro, any changes you make will be gone upon reboot
  • You can configure a persistent volume to store some changes you make but it's limited and very different from how you usually customize your OS
  • Tails is meant to be an out-of-the-box secure, firewalled solution for exiting through Tor.
  • Configuring a VPN on top would diametrically go against the design of Tails, you would potentially risk breaking Tails' secure setup.

all of my content is released under CC-BY-SA 2.0