Not connected, Your IP: 3.145.156.122
Sign in to follow this  
ZehKaas

Can't use ruby with AirVPN?

Hello,

I bought a VPN about 4 days ago, trying to using it with a program called BeEF and Metasploit to test  a few networks and systems that i own. But non of these programs seem to be connecting to my public IP and open ports. 
The open ports work fine, that's not the problem. But i asked for some help from the developers and they came with this;

https://github.com/beefproject/beef/issues/1095 " < Source

That disk I/O error is something related to your VPS, I can't help with that.
Also, why are you using a VPN?

I suggest doing the following:

use a normal VPS, such as Amazon EC2, RackSpace or whatever you like which allows you to run Ruby 2.1.x.
use the normal host/port without the public_host/port settings
when you connect to the BeEF admin UI, use an SSH tunnel. If you use BeEF with port 3000 (I suggest using 80 or 443), then something like the following will work:
ssh -f -o "ServerAliveInterval 180" your_ssh_user@your_vps_ip -L 3000:your_vps_ip:3000 -N

Then configure Firefox on your local machine to use 127.0.0.1:3000 as a SOCKS5 proxy, and then connect to http://your_vps_ip:3000/ui/panel.

Is it true? I tought i could do anything with the VPN service you provided. 

Anyways, let me hear what you guys know about this!

Sure, you need a VPN to test your "own" systems. Seems legit.

I tought i could do anything with the VPN service you provided.

Please read tht ToS:

4) BY USING THE AIRVPN VPN SERVICE ("Service") YOU AGREE NOT TO:
  1. use the Service to violate, in any way, directly or indirectly, the European Convention for Human Rights. If you live in a country with laws which permit such violations, you nevertheless agree to respect the aforementioned Convention.
  2. use the Service to damage or cause risk to our business, reputation, employees, subscribers, facilities, or to any person;
  3. rent, lease, loan, sell, resell, sublicense, distribute or otherwise transfer the Service without our prior written authorization;
  4. remove, circumvent, disable, damage or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the Service or features that enforce limitations on the use of the Service;
  5. intentionally interfere with or damage operation of the Service, by any means, including uploading or otherwise disseminating on the Internet spam, viruses, adware, spyware, worms, or other malicious code;
  6. use the Service to compromise security of, or to obtain (or try to obtain) unauthorized access to any device or system in the Internet (such attempts include port scans);
  7. use the Service with the direct or indirect purpose of inciting, aiding or abetting enforcement of copyright through means of any data collection and/or retention and/or any privacy violation.