Not connected, Your IP: 18.191.13.255
Sign in to follow this  
Neilnop

ANSWERED Complete newb - Can't connect openVPN DD-WRT router

Hi all,

I have followed the guide on this site for DD-WRT routers and am struggling to connect.

I am in the UK and have a Virgin Media Superhub 2 which I put into Modem only mode, then connected an openVPN DD-WRT to it, with which I have set all requirements as per the guide and can connect to the internet but am not connected to any servers.

I know there is something else I need to do but it's not in the guide, I have generated my configuration files but have the two server files left over which I am not sure what to do with them?

I have chosen both Europe and the American servers but just have the two files sitting on my desktop...

Any help will be greatly appreciated, if that is even my problem?

Thanks

After searching on various other forums it looks like my problem is that I set up my DD-WRT router before setting the Superhub to modem mode (which changes it's ip address), so I will try again tonight and connect everything up before changing my DD-WRT settings.

I take it I don't need the generated server files and they just help with the configuration of the cert files, will starting again and having a different ip address generate different files?

Thanks again

I figured out what was wrong, I was actually putting in 10.4.0.1 in the server ip/name field instead of the correct address, it's now working ok.