Not connected, Your IP: 3.149.242.16
7urZpe

Can only connect and Start-up and Only to Dutch servers

Hi all,

Today I decided to buy a 1 month plan to experiment a bit with AirVPN. And have encountered several problems so far. When I first installed it worked just fine I let the client pick a server and it connected after several seconds. Checked the IP and checked DNS leakage on dnsleaktest.com all good and fine. I'm happy and decide to disconnect. About 15 minutes later I try to connect again only to find myself stuck in a loop. It simply keeps connecting, failing and then trying to connect again. I tried several different servers all with the same result.

Now rather annoyed I tried one of the oldest and simplest solutions of all simply restart and try again. This is how I found out that when I boot up my laptop it works just fine but after about 5/10 min it doesn't work anymore. If I connect quickly it will remain connected though and when I disconnect an quickly reconnect again later it does still work as well. However after an extended period of time it once again fails to connect.

The other problem I encountered was that I could only connect to servers in the Netherlands (when I've just booted up the pc) and I am unable to connect to the UK or Canada for example.

I should also mentioned that I already tried simply uninstalling (with CCleaner) and re-installing AirVPN as well the 64 as the 32bit version. I have a 64bit 8.1 laptop but I thought I try anyway. However both clients had the same result and I now have once again the 64bit installed.

Now the thing I suspect causing the problems is that I have another VPN client installed although not running. I have used PureVPN for several months without any trouble but apparently they leak DNS thus my experimenting with other providers. I have not yet tried uninstalling PureVPN but will do so tomorrow if necessary or if there simply hasn't been an ground-breaking reply yet.

I patiently await your replies

-  7urZpe

PS: When you need more information which isn't "basic" please provide a quick explanation on how to get it.

You may try installing it to a location not protected by UAC (such as your user directory; default is Program Files, but this directory cannot be edited without admin privileges) or use the zip package from your desktop/user dictionary. Try it out.

(Sent via Tapatalk 4)

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Wrote a previous reply but it's taking a bit long to show up and since I've got a minor update I'll quickly recap what I wrote before just in case.

- I tried installing both .exe and .zip to my user directory with the same result

- I uninstalled PureVPN after which AirVPN gave me a "unable to install TAP driver error" once and after which I am stuck at "checking route"

Googled the problem and found an old post which contained this: (which appears to be a message from giganerd as well funny how those things go)

In Settings > Advanced, uncheck Check if the tunnel effectively works. If you perform a simple IP lookup after connection and you see AirVPN's IP there, it means the tunnel works effectively, too.   (Traffic test is included, otherwise you couldn't connect..  )

- I tried the above solution with the following result:

* AirVPN connects to the server

* When connected to AirVPN I lose all internet connection

* When connected to AirVPN I lose all internet connection

All internet connection? Or are you still able to connect directly with an IP?

With Check if the tunnel effectively works:

Settings > Advanced: Force DNS, Check if the tunnel use AirVPN DNS.

Assuming it's just a DNS issue after the connection. Looks like one to me. Try it out.

Googled the problem and found an old post which contained this: (which appears to be a message from giganerd as well funny how those things go)

Wow. I'm really dominating the forums. And Google, too, as it seems..

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.