Not connected, Your IP: 3.144.212.145
Sign in to follow this  
Bradlayy

Almost non existent upload on uTorrent when connected to VPN

I was wondering if you guys could help me optimize my connection to AirVPN. I have a 150/15 internet connection and I can achieve speeds above that when not connected to VPN. I can achieve over 20MB/s when downloading on uTorrent no VPN which is pretty much my full bandwidth. When I am on AirVPN I get mediocre download speeds but that isn't really bothering me because its so fast in general we are only talking a matter of minutes. But the weird thing is, even when my download speeds are slowed on VPN, whenever I do speed tests my upload bandwidth is always pretty much full capacity no slowdowns. I am having trouble on uTorrent though, I will be downloading at 10+MB/s on average and uploading only 1-50kbps which is disturbingly slow in comparison. I am part of a p2p site that requires me to share and this service is sort of preventing me from doing so. As soon as I disconnect from AirVPN my download speed skyrockets along with my upload

Have you set up a forwarded port on the Client Area page of the AirVPN site?  That port number should be entered in uTorrent- Options - Preferences- Connection - Listening Port.

Do you get the same results with several AirVPN servers?

I set up my AirVPN connection with UDP port 443 and a forwarded listening port.   I see variations in performance among AirVPN servers, but routinely get 80 - 100% of my connection speed.