Not connected, Your IP: 3.15.10.137
Sign in to follow this  
encrypted

ANSWERED Sub-par speeds with ITV.com streams

Trying to watch ITV stream (requires UK server and appropriate postal code from server location when asked) and that only needs about 60-70 Kbps to run smoothly but despite trying all the UK servers I'm getting buffering half of the time when the speed lingers between 20-50 Kbps.

Is it working properly for anyone? I've no idea if the problem lies with the ITV.com to AirVPN connection, AirVPN to my ISP or my local connection (which in other instances gets much higher streaming speeds).

Hi,

you can access itv.com from every airvpn server. If you are located in Europe you shouldn't have problems with any of the Netherlands or Germany servers. It's working fine.

Edit: See here: https://airvpn.org/topic/9338-itv/

(routing on all servers)

And now you're telling me!    

From the ITV info link you provided:

Watch your favourite TV programmes live online, Apple / Android & digital with the official CITV & ITV Player.

Native: GB servers.

Routing: All other servers.

Using only the web-based stream from the link I gave I first tried a Central European server (I'm located outside Europe ATM) but while the stream worked it wasn't noticeably better than the poor and choppy connection through UK servers but using a more far-flung server closer to me it's now working pretty well and at much higher resolution too, although occasionally the stream still drops off the cliff momentarily.

Virtual beer/bier to you!  Thanks!

PS. I'd searched the site for "itv" before asking and there were no search results.

The following search terms are not allowed and were removed from your query: itv

ITV have notoriously bad servers in my experience and even worse if you're trying to stream at peak UK times.

I recently tried watching something on ITV.com and it wasn't available on the non-UK servers I tried.

Error given by ITV:  "ITV player is only available in the UK."

The stream via UK servers was too poor to watch although the the servers didn't appear anywhere near saturation.

Update: Just tried it again for kicks on Antares (SIN) and unusually for a non-UK server ITV asked for a post code, I gave one in Manchester and lo behold the stream actually works well again with almost no buffering at all.

And while I write this update I get another ITV error message on the fly"  Sorry. ITV player is only available in the UK. (etc.).

No luck with the next couple of servers I tried and the first UK one (Nash) has ITV buffering about half of the time. Missed the goal obviously.