Not connected, Your IP: 3.129.247.196
Sign in to follow this  
Veeninho

DPI and Bandwith Throttle at KabelDeutschland(Germany)

Hello AirVPN Community,

my ISP is using DPI and throttle the Bandwith to OCH, P2P to 100kb/s for the Rest of the Day. I read a lot how i could use the VPN so that i didnt get throttled then i use OCH at XBMC on my iPad. We also have to use the Routers from the ISP which can be used in Bridge Mode but i dont have a Second Router at the Moment.

How i Understand is the only Way to use a SSL Tunnel to make the DPI usuelles or is it enough to use Different Ports? At the beginning DPI was mentioned at the Advanced Option in the Config Generator when use Different Ports but seems that DPI isnt longer mentioned. I cant use a ssl Tunnel on iPad or is a way to do it? Is it enough to use other Ports then UDP 80?

Would be nice when somebody could help me with some Advice, then it is ridicolous to sell a 100.000 Flatrate but Throttle at 10gb a Day down to ISDN Speed. Especially when they Count the P2P from Things like Steam, Uplay and Origin and all One Click Hoster. P2P isnt my Interesst then i dont use BitTorrent(or Any other Client) and dont Game on PC,.

Thanks in Advanced and Kind Regards

Since you haven't had any answers, I recommend you get the €1 trial and test it yourself.

About the ports: I don't know, but DPI usually doesn't care about ports, just protocols. Test it and see what works.

SSL tunnel on iPad? Not possible because the device is too locked down. It might be possible on a rooted android if stunnel is available.

The 1 Dollar Trial? How could i Post here when i am not Even a Member/User? How would i care when i didnt use AirVPN at all. Trank You for an Answer that help absoluty Nobody, not me and not everybody Else here on the Forum.

Your iOS Answer is good too, ever heard the Word Jailbreak.....

You can install OpenVPN and stunnel on iOS devices using a guide like this:

https://www.stunnel.info/tag/iphone/

But if I understand correctly, you said that you are limited to 10GB per day.

Since this is a "hard" limit, you cannot bypass it by using VPN.

The net neutrality issues with your ISP seem to be more complicated than average,

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/13/technology/deutsche-telekom-data-use-and-net-neutrality.html

So the best solution for you, if possible, would be looking for other options that don't apply limits that are not acceptable for you.

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.