Not connected, Your IP: 18.226.52.161

Hi - I am very new to using VPNs - I have got it set up and working.

My question is - when i open VPN it asking for my Admin password - how do i get it to remember.

Also how do i get VPN to load at boot up  

thanks

Hello,

It sounds like you are using the new beta AirVPN client. To answer your questions the client is going to ask for your password each time. There is no way around this. I also asked this question and the AirVPN staff gave me the same answer. Second, to make it open at login you must go down to the AirVPN app when it is open and right click, or if you are using the touchpad on a Macbook then use the tap the touchpad using your two fingers and then a window should appear giving the you the option to login in startup. Click that and you are set. You will still have to enter your Admin password but that's not hat big of deal. 

If you are having trouble with the new AirVPN beta client try using tunnelblick or viscosity. Both are good programs but viscosity works a little better on Mac in my opinion. However, it is not free like tunnelblick. 

Hope my long explanation helped!

Enjoy AirVPN! 

I tried the new AirVPN client and had to go back to tunnelblick as I couldn't get the new client to work at all. JD Hopps, would you mind explaining how you think Viscosity might work better than Tunnelblick? I am just wondering whether I should move to Viscosity. Tunnelblick does occasionally have its glitches.

Sure, I tried many times to get Tunnelblick working with the AirVPN config files and Tunnelblick simply would not work for me. This is my personal experience with it. You may have had an easier time with it than I did. Viscosity on the other hand was very simple to install and setting up the config files was as simple as downloading them from AirVPN and double clicking the config file would import it to Viscosity and I could just click connect and I was good to go! I have been using Viscosity for almost exactly one year and have never had one issue with it. So, for me it was a lot easier to setup and has had no issues. Viscosity has worked very well for me. That's why I think it is easier. I think if you are comfortable with Tunnelblick and don't feel like changing than stay with it. If you don't like Tunnelblick that much anymore than I would strongly recommend switching to Viscosity.