Not connected, Your IP: 44.221.81.212

I seem to be having problems loading certain websites while running through the VPN yet there are no issues when I disable the VPN connection.

It seems to be intermittent, for example I might be able to load www.theguardian.com and a few hours later with either of my installed browsers I can't, and a traceroute gets a few hops as far as cogentco or level3.

I'm unsure as to what could be wrong on my end as I have absolutely no isses when im not tunnelling through the VPN.

I tend to use google DNS and have manually set it to that and others in my VPN settings. I've had a look in the forums already but didn't find anything.

I've also since noticed that I can't send a support ticket or make a forum post while connected, it's all very strange O_o

Any advice or tips to try narrow this down or whatever would be much appreciated.

What's your OS? Which client are you using (with version)? And to which server are you connected?

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

I'm running linux mint 14, FF29, I'm not using a client, network-manager instead. I've generated new configs since the problem occured a couple of weeks ago (country-based) but it hasn't helped.

I haven't really made any changes to my setup recently and it doesn't seem to matter which server I connect to, I've tried to send this post while connected to Dheneb and to Naos but nope. It's as if I can't send data out properly when I'm going through the VPN, I've noticed I can't send anything out on an IRC connection sometimes but I can see the raw data coming in, and once I'm off the VPN it's fine again.

O.K. so it appears I have a similar problem on my phone using openvpn connect, I'm unable to load some websites completely when accessing the desktop version of a website. I'm guessing there are certain 3rd party sites it's trying to reach but can't such as apis.google.com which my computer browser waits for forever too.

A traceroute will still get me as far as cogentgo within 7~ hops and no more.

I have also noticed when I do a speedtest on the airvpn website it completely stops when attempting to gauge the upload in-tunnel speed, and I still can't make any posts on this website while connected to my VPN.

Anyone able to enlighten me in any way with this? I'm vexxed =/

I have also noticed when I do a speedtest on the airvpn website it completely stops when attempting to gauge the upload in-tunnel speed

Are you using NoScript with Firefox?

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Yes but even disabled it makes no difference, and I don't have it in chrome, and it still doesn't explain the traceroutes.

I'm just posting for anyone else who comes across this in the future;

Selecting direct TCP port 443 when generating my configuration files fixed it for me.

I still don't know why using the standard UDP option no longer works out of the blue but I do know after much faffing it's not my computer or router but it's fixed so happy days.

Back in May end, I had a similar issue. I couldn't connect to my previous VPN or to AirVPN over any UDP ports. The TCP ports would work fine. I resetted my router a few times, but that didn't help. Finally I decided to flash the router with DDWRT. Magically that fixed the issue. UDP and TCP ports both started working. I don't know what exactly the issue was or how it got resolved. If someone does figure it out, please let me also know

You tried all other UDP ports before switching to TCP?

Yes, various countries/regions and all the ports, including alternative entry IP's. When using any UDP config, if I do a test on http://test-ipv6.com/ it tells me "Your browser is blocking the test urls. We will try alternate methods, but they may fail to show your IP address; and may affect the quality of the advice given.". I see no such errors using TCP port 443.

I'm convinced this isn't my end as I made no changes to the router or my machine, I've wiped both since, choice of browser makes no difference and it's only an issue using the VPN. I just don't understand what could be choosing to block *some* domains/urls like this but using TCP works so meh.