Not connected, Your IP: 3.141.30.162

-DELETED-

Posted ... (edited)

-DELETED-

Edited ... by aldoromu

you will take a latency hit and VoIP applications in general are very sensitive to latency issues.  i would advise not running VoIP on any VPN, this applies to any latency sensitive application.  

That being said it is fully possible to run it on airvpn, their service/system fully passes all traffic with no convuluted proxy involved, unlike some VPN providers. Additionally the bandwidth required for your VoIP will increase as vpn connections are encrypted and more data is used with more streams of data.  Some VoIP applications run 3-5 simultaneous streams to achive each connection and this can double the bandwidth the VoIP uses.

A rough rule of thumb is if you are over 150ms latency to the airvpn server your VoIP will suffer.  Under 150ms it should work ok.

I would also advise a bit of caution that some VoIP applications bind to the network adapter and will completly bypass the VPN connection as any VPN connection creates virtual adapters.

VoIP won't work properly because all involved protocols require remote forwarding their ports. It utilizes the Session Initialization Protocol (SIP) on port 5060 which is only usable if no other user forwarded that port.

But if that's not the problem RT©P will be one. Those two protocols aren't bound to specific ports. And remotely forwarding ports on the fly is not possible yet. As far as my information is correct, directing RT©P to use only the two ports you specify is not possible. Please proof me wrong if you can.

[ https://airvpn.org/topic/11620-airvpn-sip-ostel/?p=17948 ]

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.