Not connected, Your IP: 3.145.17.20
psychlops

AirVPN keeps forgetting login details

This isn't a big deal (it's a bit irritating, though), but this site keeps forgetting my login details.

I have the "Remember me" box checked, of course, but if I leave the site and come back it asks me to login again. If I quit my browser, open it again, and come right back, I have to log in again. As a matter of fact, I just logged in, checked the forums, and went to the Speed Test page where it had me login yet again, even though I never logged out or left the site. 

I'm using a cookie manager and I have AirVpn set as a favorite so it doesn't delete any cookies.

I don't have this problem with any other sites, just this one. Any ideas? TIA.

EDIT: I just clicked the "post topic" button and it had me log in again! 

And I should mention, I'm on a Mac, 10.9.3, using Safari 7.0.4

Same problem here, Windows 8.1, Firefox 24.6 (ESR), also using a cookie management plugin.

Which one is yours?

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

I'm using a standalone app for Mac called Cookie.

If i designate a site as a favorite, it allows cookies for that site. Otherwise, with a single click, it removes all non-favorite cookies, tracking cookies, flash cookies, databases and the browser cache. It also cleans everything except favorites every time I quit Safari.

At least I'm not alone. It can't be too widespread, though, or there would probably be more posts about it.

Are you using any plugins for Safari, if applicable? Or something else that influences what the browser does?

Actually, I am, I didn't even think of that since I wasn't having problems anywhere else. It might be Adblock Plus or DoNotTrackMe.

It's a sporadic problem... I might stay logged in for a day with no problem and all of a sudden I'm logged out again, or it might happen 3 times in a session like it did when I posted. I'll disable them and see what happens over the next couple of days. Thanks for the idea 

Well, it's not the plugins. I disabled them all, and I'm still getting logged out.

Guess I'll just live with it. There are worse things than this. 

Could you please try out another browser? I don't have another installed here. But I don't know what the problem is; there was a time I was still logged in after six hours of no action and now you will be offline when you least expect it.

Could you please try out another browser? I don't have another installed here. But I don't know what the problem is; there was a time I was still logged in after six hours of no action and now you will be offline when you least expect it.

As for MAC i am not sure if CCLEANER is also on that platform, but programs like it will erase cookies by default unless you specifically exclude them.  Many anti-virus programs include additional software that does similar actions.  You would need to completly whitelist the site.  Since it is sporadic/random it seems like it may be some sort of "cleaner" program tied to an anti-virus program or similar security software.

@gigan3rd

Sure, I'm using Firefox now. I'll let you know what happens.

@freeworld

I do have an anti-virus program running, it might be that. I'll leave it on for now, though, just to see if Firefox is any improvement by itself, and if not I'll whitelist it with the A/V.

But since gigan3rd is having the same problem with Firefox/Win, I'm not so sure it's a browser issue. Still, this will rule it out (or not).

I've been using Firefox to check this site for almost 48hrs now, and I've only been logged out once. That was when I quit Firefox (still logged in), rebooted my computer and launched FF again. Other than that one time, I've stayed logged in no matter what I do, including quitting and relaunching FF. I've been running AdBlock Plus and my anti-virus the whole time, so it can't be them.

I have no idea why you're having a problem using FF and I'm not, but I am having a problem using Safari. If there's anything else you'd like me to try, let me know.

Could you please try out another browser?

I have the same issue. Using Chrome on Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, no addons which should affect how the site manages logins.

Is anybody else here has the same issue? Your chance to call for an investigation by Staff members!

I faced this issue when I had just started off with an AirVPN subscription over a month ago. I mainly only use FF. Back then I chalked it down to my connecting from different ip addresses. Atleast to me it looked like, if I login to AirVPN website when connected to one server and then connect to another server and come back to the website, I would need to login again. Back then I was trying different port/protocol/server combinations a lot. This issue stopped after a few days. Nowadays I don't find myself getting getting logged out of the website.

I have been here for more than a year with no problems.

Now I was gone for more than a week in a row, I keep getting logged out.

Running Chrome on Win 7 64bit. Very annoying

I have always had this issue. I always assumed it was my use of so many add-ons... but even if I whitelist the cookies from here it happens. It was the bane of my existence when I was making my tutorial. It's random and it can be frequent or can be hours in between. I later found when i started using a different server and port the issue got much much better. It coincided with the gateway monitoring results I was able to see using pfsense. Connections that had packet loss suffered the issue more. It could be worth trying  other servers and ports for connecting if you are unable to monitor the connection.

Have my guides helped you? Help me keep helping you, use my referral: userbar.png

How to set up pfSense 2.3 for AirVPN

Friends don't let friends use consumer networking equipment!

I doubt if it's a server/port issue.

I connect through OpenVPN using Viscosity, and I've generated a config file for the Netherlands (that's the one I use most of the time). I accept whichever server is assigned to me when I connect. The only change I made was switching the port from 443 to 53 because I found I was getting better performance.

It doesn't matter which server in the Netherlands I connect to, I always have this problem using Safari. But if I switch over to Firefox during the same session I can stay logged in for days, using the same server I was having a problem with in Safari. Others have a problem with Firefox, but it works flawlessly for me. (That doesn't help, though, because I don't like Firefox very much, and I use Safari anyway.   )

For me it was only the website that forgot me, and somehow the problem is gone