Not connected, Your IP: 3.149.234.90
Sign in to follow this  
04ee1d35

Is there a way to improve my latency with Singapore servers?

I used the Singapore servers for a long time, they have always been really bad. When I contacted staff about it, they were no help at all, they said everything looks fine and it was probably my ISP. The fastest server on Singapore is at least 5 times slower than the servers I tried in other countries.

I've always found SE Asia to have really odd "features" in its network services - I live in Japan, and frequently find that my latency in online games is often better to North American and Australian servers than it is to Singapore or Hong Kong.

Sometimes it's fine - 90ms to Singapore, 100ms to Thailand; sometimes it's terrible - up into the 250 - 300ms range!

I was using SG severs for a long time but my uploads to NE North America went to hell and I can't figure out why.  Latency and download speeds has never been an issue.  The same problem exists on the HK server for me.  Speedwise and latencywise, the California servers are the best, but stability-wise (again, just from my connection and setup and location) nothing beats the Leaseweb servers in NL.

Edit:  I take back what I said about weird uploads.  I just upgraded to the R7000 and that seemed to solve my slow uploads out of SG and HK servers.

However, I'm still having difficulty maintaining a constant connection to the HK server which gives me slightly better latency.  The connection drops very often both on my PC and Smartphone (and for the smart phone this is happening when I connect via wifi AND 3G/LTE).