mugli

Problem airvpn with networkmanager

Hello,

I followed the tutorial until

• Create an AirVPN account.
  • Download your configuration file from the page Config Generator
  • Select "Advanced Mode"
  • Tick "Separate certs/keys from .ovpn files"
  • Save the downloaded zip-file somewhere, say in ~/.airvpn. Unzip it. Five files should be extracted. Try to make sure nobody but you can read the file user.key, because that one is secret.
  • Erase the zip-file. Or at least, make sure only you can read it (since it contains the secret user.key file inside)
  • Install the package named network-manager-openvpn-gnome, which is a plugin to NetworkManager handling OpenVPN connections. The install will automatically include all needed packages, like openvpn etc.
  • Perhaps you'll have to log out and log in again, or even restart the computer or something. To check that openvpn plugin was properly installed in NetworkManager, click on the nm-applet (the NetworkManager icon) => VPN Connections => Configure VPN. In the little window that comes up, click the Add button. Is there an OpenVPN option in the menu? Good. But don't click on it. Just close the windows. This was just a check.
  • Click on the nm-applet (the NetworkManager icon) => VPN Connections => Configure VPN
  • In the little window that comes up, click the Import button.
  • In the file chooser that comes up, find the previously downloaded file air.ovpn (perhaps you stored it in the ~/.airvpn directory?)

But then the networkmanager window just closed, and I can't confirm the VPN connexion. I don't understand...

Thanks