Not connected, Your IP: 3.16.218.62
Sign in to follow this  
arran777

AIR VPN Protocols ?

Hi I am upgrading my internet to VDSL so I am buying a new Router which Supports VDSL, and I am thinking of using my new router to connect and create a VPN tunnel instead of using the open vpn client on my desktop.  So before I buy a new router what VPN protocol features does my new router need to have in order to connect to airvpn is it PPTP, L2TP or IPsec ?

It needs OpenVPN.

From the front page of the airvpn.org:

Uses OpenVPN to establish the connection between your computer and our servers. OpenVPN is the most reliable and secure solution for encrypted tunnels, offering a higher than military degree of security. Forget PPTP or other unsecure protocols.

Have my guides helped you? Help me keep helping you, use my referral: userbar.png

How to set up pfSense 2.3 for AirVPN

Friends don't let friends use consumer networking equipment!

I know the high end Asus routers do (think AC-68u, AC-56u as they have newer more powerful processors), and I know openvpn gets a boost if you use Merlins firmware on Asus. I also know the Netgear R7000 Nighhawk supports OpenVPN. I'm sure there are others, but you will want a premium router if you plan to use the vpn, as these high end routers max out at about 20-30 Mb/s through a vpn. Lesser routers can only do 10-15.

Or if that's not enough muscle for you, you could build a pfSense box!

Have my guides helped you? Help me keep helping you, use my referral: userbar.png

How to set up pfSense 2.3 for AirVPN

Friends don't let friends use consumer networking equipment!