Not connected, Your IP: 3.141.31.209
Welper

How to/if to split traffic? Win7/VM

Hello everyone!

I looked around the forums but could not find the information I am looking for. Hopefully someone is willing to help and sorry I'm a newbie, but willing to learn!

1) So, as I understand it using "multiple" identities (e.g. facebook, e-mail) should not be used in one connection with traffic that one really wants to "hide" (e.g. torrenting, certain websites) if one does not want to compromise anonymity. Let alone connect to e.g. facebook via vpn as well as not via vpn, because of correlation-attacks.

Is this correct or could one just tunnel all traffic through the VPN all the time, including online-banking and other information which clearly states one's (real) identity and in part may be very vital information/data that one cannot afford losing, without a real need to worry?

2) Except enabling the VPN for the traffic that needs it and afterwards switching back to "normal", which is very impractical, one can use gateways, as I gathered.

So what are (the best) ways to do this? There should be two firefoxes, completely separate from one another, for example. I don't know better and would guess that a virtual machine would be the easiest solution. But are online connections really separated?

I am talking about Windows 7 as OS, but in case of using a virtual machine a Linux distribution could be used.

I'd be glad if someone would enlighten me in these questions.

Thank you!

Edit: I used the term "gateway" meaning "split traffic".