Not connected, Your IP: 3.142.130.250
tracter

Allowing 2 devices on 1 account

Any chance that you may allow (in the future) at least 2 devices to use the same account simultaneously?  It is overly expensive to have a separate account for each device - especially for us on a fixed income. 

Thanks for considering the idea again.

Tracter

One answer is here.

The one-connection per account is not a matter to be fixed, it's a feature. We are the only VPN service in the world, as far as we know, that provides a guaranteed allocated bandwidth with a real time servers monitor to show that we keep to our word.

Although this feature might not be appreciated by some people who just need lower quality or "whistles and bells" services with no care for anonymity and performance, we assure you that the fact that we are considered probably the top VPN service in terms of performance (in spite of the most computationally hungry cipher suite) is related to this as well.

You could connect to your router via OpenVPN while the router connects to AirVPN to solve this issue. There are more, just search for it.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

I have to agree with you OP. I would like to be able to connect 2 devices. Right now I have to have another VPN subscription for my other devices.

You can, as was stated by gigan3rd. You can use a router to accomplish this if you are not a heavy user. Similarly, if you are a heavy user, you can build a pfSense box to accomplish this.

I run all of my devices, including mobile (via OpenVPN server), through pfSense and then through my AirVPN account.

The option is there if you choose to use either method.

Have my guides helped you? Help me keep helping you, use my referral: userbar.png

How to set up pfSense 2.3 for AirVPN

Friends don't let friends use consumer networking equipment!

I have to agree with you OP. I would like to be able to connect 2 devices. Right now I have to have another VPN subscription for my other devices.

You can, as was stated by gigan3rd. You can use a router to accomplish this if you are not a heavy user. Similarly, if you are a heavy user, you can build a pfSense box to accomplish this.

I run all of my devices, including mobile (via OpenVPN server), through pfSense and then through my AirVPN account.

The option is there if you choose to use either method.

The problem with running all traffic through a VPN is your anonymous and real life are linked to that one IP address.

The problem with running all traffic through a VPN is your anonymous and real life are linked to that one IP address.

Not necessarily. I have Interfaces on my pfSense box dedicated for VOIP, XBOX and clear-net lan. You can route traffic however you please, it's up to you.

Have my guides helped you? Help me keep helping you, use my referral: userbar.png

How to set up pfSense 2.3 for AirVPN

Friends don't let friends use consumer networking equipment!

They might allow two connections if it became the standard for VPN providers.

... - especially for us on a fixed income. 

You can, as was stated by gigan3rd. You can use a router to accomplish this if you are not a heavy user. ...

The point about income may be important here? And buying router hardware may be an issue? Particularly if someone is unsure that they will ever get it working.

If one of the devices in your home is a PC, then if you have the time and motivation (no money needed), it is possible to set up a Linux virtual machine on the PC (for example Debian under WMware player or Virtualbox) with a "bridged" ethernet adapter and use it like a router from other devices . And I would think much of the setup would be much the same as on these routers anyway. The firewall is still iptables.

... - especially for us on a fixed income. 

>...

You can, as was stated by gigan3rd. You can use a router to accomplish this if you are not a heavy user. ...

The point about income may be important here? And buying router hardware may be an issue? Particularly if someone is unsure that they will ever get it working.

If one of the devices in your home is a PC, then if you have the time and motivation (no money needed), it is possible to set up a Linux virtual machine on the PC (for example Debian under WMware player or Virtualbox) with a "bridged" ethernet adapter and use it like a router from other devices . And I would think much of the setup would be much the same as on these routers anyway. The firewall is still iptables.

However; if you have an old PC laying around it is much easier to use pfsense.  It virtually connects itself to all the hardware.  There are many threads around about connecting pfsense to Air.  Pfsense will handle the firewall and dropped connection stuff with ease.

As a bonus for "newbie" types that are worried they might not get it working;  they have not touched their original router and can go back to it with no harm/no foul.  They have nothing to lose but a little time.  That old PC is just getting dusty anyway!!