Not connected, Your IP: 44.221.46.132

I have been a long time gamer and recently I was banned from World of Warcraft.

I received this email (well, part of it)

"***Notice of Account Closure***

Account Name: W********
Reason for Closure: Terms of Use Violation -- Exploitative Activity: Abuse of the Economy

This account was closed because one or more characters were identified exchanging, or contributing to the exchange of, in-game property (items or gold) for "real-world" currency. This exchange process negatively impacts the World of Warcraft game environment by detracting from the value of the in-game economy."

As I'm not a gaming cheat, I pursued this with interest to try to find out why this had happened.

So, long story short, firstly, I got my account back, then I was sent this mail:
"- Proxies -
It is not uncommon that proxies are used by Online Trading companies (gold sellers) and users of exploitative third party programs. We do not support the use of proxy services and if you continue to use them it is unfortunately possible that your account will get closed like this again."

Just thought I'd pass on the info, hope it's of some help.

I am in the same boat.  Three days ago I got the same email.  I have a lot of sentimental value with my account and for them to just send me this email with no good explanation is incredibly frustrating.  I also have never cheated or bought gold.  I do, however, use a VPN service, so I am thinking this may be the problem.

How did you contact them?  I sent them a support ticket but they have not replied yet, which is really frustrating.  There seems to be no phone number nor online chat method for support on this issue.

Ok this is what I did.  I made an inital denial in the form of an email to them via support tickets on Blizzards website.  You should be able to do the same.  Got to https://eu.battle.net/support/en/ticket. 

I protested my innocence over several support tickets and got my account back the next day with an email saying... in full, this:

Greetings *********,

You account was unfortunately caught and closed by one of our automated security measures. You can find a summary of what we have done and what you still need to do below.

--- What have we done? ---
- Reset your Battle.net account password (sent via email)
- Overturned the closure of your account.

--- What do you need to do? ---
- Ensure your account is secure, links to advice for this can be found below.
- Complete the password reset to choose your new password.
- Re-activate your subscription (see below).

--- Further Information ---

- Payment -
When your account was closed the recurring subscription details were removed from your account; you will not be billed again on this card unless you enter the details again manually. Once the current subscription is over, if no further payment details are added, your account will become frozen

- Proxies -
It is not uncommon that proxies are used by Online Trading companies (gold sellers) and users of exploitative third party programs. We do not support the use of proxy services and if you continue to use them it is unfortunately possible that your account will get closed like this again.

- Account Security -
Security Site - http://eu.battle.net/security/
Free Security Software - http://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/antivirus
Forums - PC Security Guide - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/900641537
How does an account get compromised?
Common types of account theft - http://eu.battle.net/en/security/theft

You can see I highlighted proxies, what I would advise you to do is to say you use a proxy for your personal net security and that it was used in game as you had no idea that it would have a negative affect on your account. 

If you get any further problems, contact me and I'll help you the best I can.

I've never had a problem with my account being banned but I have a long history of complaining to them about forcing me to change my password every time I log in with a new server or sign in without a proxy server.    Using a proxy server isn't against the terms of service...   The explanation I gave them was that I like to listen to TV shows on American web sites in the background while I do pet battles, etc.