Not connected, Your IP: 3.17.175.130
Sign in to follow this  
vpn78

Complaints and Warrants

How often does AirVPN receives complaints and warrants? And what do they do with them?

AIR is a reputable company and they are not going to publicly acknowledge/encourage illegal use of their servers. Using logic there are currently over 2500 users logged into their servers. Most of us are just privacy freaks (or at least we want to be), but there are times when folks download things. I would say you should check out the older thread in here about Diadem (Denver server) and how Air handled the situation when DMCA stuff was asserted on that server.

AIR is a reputable company and they are not going to publicly acknowledge/encourage illegal use of their servers. Using logic there are currently over 2500 users logged into their servers. Most of us are just privacy freaks (or at least we want to be), but there are times when folks download things. I would say you should check out the older thread in here about Diadem (Denver server) and how Air handled the situation when DMCA stuff was asserted on that server.

Can't find a link to it. Got one by chance?   

Most of us are just privacy freaks (or at least we want to be)

I am very dubious about that assertion. I suspect most people are here because they actually have a reason to be. Accessing web sites (including streaming media) that are geo-blocked from them. Or a desire to avoid letters from their ISP-s for torrenting. Or both.

How often does AirVPN receives complaints and warrants? And what do they do with them?

DMCA is U.S. law. AirVPN is not under U.S. jurisdiction. Demands to AirVPN have to be valid in their jurisdiction in order for them to even consider them. To release any information about customers under any other circumstances would be illegal in their jurisdiction. AirVPN has made this clear in these forums many times. For example:

/topic/3537-usa-servers/?do=findComment&comment=3554

I just found that by searching for "DMCA".