Not connected, Your IP: 3.149.26.176
jack23

info airvpn on server vps windows

Hello,I would try airvpn in vps windows server 2012 and then connect to the server with RDP, it is possible, you can explain to me how to do?
I had tried a vpn but at the time that the server was connected I could not longer access to my server with RDP

I'm sorry, I'm not sure I understand. Are you runing a Windows Server 2012 Virtual Private Server and you would like to access it using RDP tunneled through VPN?

You > VPN > RDP client > VPS

Are you trying to RDP to the VPS and VPN out?

You > RDP > VPS > VPN

Are you trying to run VPN on the VPS and connect to the VPS' VPN IP Address?

VPS > VPN < RDP < You (not sure how to layout this one)

You might want to try something like LogMeIn Free. It uses SSL which would be a bit more secure than RDP. However, it's headquarters is in the U.S. (Boston, Mass.), if that's an issue for you.

You could use up to 10 hosts running the LMI Free client for free (if that makes any sense).
It really only requires an e-mail address to setup an account here: https://secure.logmein.com/

Select the, "Start free trial" in the "Free" section (on the lower left).

You can download the client from here: http://help.logmein.com/SelfServiceDownloads in the, "LogMeIn Free and Pro" section. It runs on server but I haven't tried it on 2012 or a VPS. If you do try this, there is an option to use Pro or Free, I usually select Free but it won't matter if you select Pro. The Pro features will just stop working after a short period but you "Free" client will continue to work.

The screen refreshes very well with LMI. Not quite like RDP but very close. I access LMI clients through my VPN connection and the throughput is pretty good. Good enough to use anyway.

The issue seems to be that you can't access your server once the server itself is connected to AirVPN. This makes sense. You would need to forward the RDP port to AirVPN: airvpn.org/ports

Then you could RDP to airvpn_server:port which will be forwarded to your_server_ip:rdp-port

(Another idea would be to have to separate network interfaces on the server - one that gets tunneled through VPN and one that doesn't - but port forwarding should be the easier way of doing this, I think.)

all of my content is released under CC-BY-SA 2.0