I thought it was time to try and collect some of the wisdom floating around and see if we can't create a single thread for solving some of the most common and annoying repeat-issues. So how about it !
I define "common problems" as: if I'm getting a deja-vu every third time I post . Staff will have broken the Matrix by this point.
Each problem will have its own headline and then with any number of solution-oriented links appended underneath. For this reason, this grand list isn't final and is meant to be updated continually.
Naturally, the higher the link number for a solution, the more obscure the solutions are probably getting.
- Problem: Bootstrap Failed.
- Problem: No Internet connection after shutting down AirVPN and/or can only use Internet while AirVPN is on.
- Windows only: https://airvpn.org/topic/13584-connection-problem-when-not-using-airvpn/?p=38800
- MacOS only: https://airvpn.org/topic/27993-cant-connect-to-internet-without-using-airvpn/
- Problem: Cannot connect to any AirVPN server.
- Problem: Issues with Curl.
- Problem: Bad packet ID (may be a replay)
- Problem: Being censored and/or speeds being throttled/shaped by ISP or Government.
- Problem: MacOS client can't connect.
- Problem: Checking route IPv6 Failed.
- Problem: Waiting for TUN/TAP to come up.
- Windows only: https://airvpn.org/topic/17440-guide-fix-for-tap-adapter-in-windows/
- Windows only: https://airvpn.org/topic/30043-taptun-interface-wont-come-up/
- Problem: Experiencing slow and/or fluctuating speeds in general.
- For online gaming: https://airvpn.org/topic/30135-frequent-spikes-lag-on-videogames/?p=79046
- Problem: Slow torrent speeds and/or disconnects.
Solutions are in link form without any explanatory text - at least not yet - so that the thread OP stays looking simple and uncluttered, where it's easy to find out what your problem is .
Feel free to contribute with your own helpful links. The more feedback this thread gets, the quicker it can be improved and hopefully made useful.