Not connected, Your IP: 18.221.165.246
Sign in to follow this  
latitudeclear@gmx.com

AirVPN over DDWRT Router.

Sorry I've been trying to get this to work for a number of days now. Started out by purchasing the wrong router that lacked the ram for OPENVPN. Well now I've got the WRT54GS with the maximum amount of ram possible.

First flashed using the "Mega" build then switched over to the "VPN" version of DDWRT. They both had the same options - which is strange because it doesn't match what I saw in the tutorial.

Based on this guide: https://airvpn.org/ddwrt/

Do you see how I'm missing a number of the "advanced options"? Following it step by step by coping the certifics over and the IP tables on the firewall I did not get successfully connected nor recieve any errors either. Is there a log I could try to copy and paste to find what the problem is?

This was the most update to date version of the DDWRT firmware. I'm not sure what to try next...

After loading the certificates under OpenVPN and IP table firewall rules I restart the router and the internet doesn't work. Is there a way for me to view the logs and idientify the problem?

The log should be in the menu "Status -> Overview -> Kernel Log"...

If you post it, please delete all your personal data like home ip-adress and so on.

If you are missing a lot of advanced functions then you have an older version of dd-wrt. Either look for a newer version for your router if there is one, or you will have to start OpenVPN client from the command line using arguments via Administrator > Commands. Not sure exactly what you will need to send, but it would be the same as on Linux so you should try Linux OpenVPN tutorials to figure it out.

Also to see your connection status you should go to Status > OpenVPN