Not connected, Your IP: 3.237.46.120
Sign in to follow this  
Hollis

ANSWERED Unidentified network-TAP windows adaptor V9...?

First I click and open, OpenVPN GUI and then I log into AirVPN with my login name & password...Is the OpenVPN icon in the task bar supposed to red...?!

Thru network connections in control panel I see ,Local Area connections 2, "Unidentified Network-TAP windows adaptor V9". and, under the status drop down list it says,10.0 Mbps but "No Network Access" under IPv4 and IPv6...!?      "Whew" Thats a lot of typing...Any ideas would really be great. Thankyou for reading....

First I click and open, OpenVPN GUI and then I log into AirVPN with my login name & password...Is the OpenVPN icon in the task bar supposed to red...?!

Hello!

Yes, that's normal: in your case OpenVPN is commanded by the Air client, not by OpenVPN GUI. In reality, you should not even launch OpenVPN GUI and the Air client simultaneously. Just run whichever you prefer, but not both at the same time.

Thru network connections in control panel I see ,Local Area connections 2, "Unidentified Network-TAP windows adaptor V9". and, under the status drop down list it says,10.0 Mbps but "No Network Access" under IPv4 and IPv6...!?      "Whew" Thats a lot of typing...Any ideas would really be great. Thankyou for reading....

That's normal, it's an old-time Windows glitch based on an unreliable method to determine whether a connection is working or not. The 10 Mbit/s value is just a bogus hard-coded parameter (it's there since so many years in OpenVPN tun/tap package), it does not mean anything.

The tun/tap adapter is the virtual network interface used by OpenVPN.

Kind regards