Not connected, Your IP: 3.144.242.238
Sign in to follow this  
FYI

Paysafecard - Some information

I happened to find a thread on this forum asking for Paysafecard provision while searching the net for VPN related topics. I am, at least for the next day or two, a customer of a rival VPN provider who do use Paysafecard, and I felt upon seeing the post on here that very matter that maybe my experience may be of some interest to those considering using them. When I attempted to raise the matter through my own VPNs forum, the post was deleted, my request for clarification ignored and my mind made up to leave them after three years of custom. It would seem they don't want their customers to know what happens when things go wrong and are quite happy to completely ignore a longstanding customer.

I bought three Paysafecard vouchers which I attempted to spend just a few short hours later in order to renew my VPN for another six months. Upon entering the PIN numbers, the vouchers were refused and blocked. I emailed Paysafecard of course, providing quality scans of the vouchers when requested. I asked that the vouchers be unblocked or that fresh PINs be provided now that they were aware that the vouchers were genuine. They refused. Given that the whole point of using Paysafecard is that you may pay discreetly, anonymously etc etc for your VPN thus providing yourself with an extra level of security, it is safe to say I was shocked when they demanded not only my address and my bank details but also photographic ID for which they would issue a refund. It may sound like a one off but I can state that a friend of mine has recently experienced the same though given the sum of money involved in his case he had no choice but to comply with their demand. I asked them why my information was of such interest to them now when no such details were demanded at point of sale, I asked why they as payment processor could not simply unblock the vouchers or issue fresh PINs, I asked them why my vouchers were blocked in the first place and guess what the response was? ...Silence. So the lesson here is simple. Paysafecard and TUVPN, treat your customers badly and they will most definitely go elsewhere.

I joined here just to hopefully help someone prevent such a situation happening to them. I have lost a healthy sum of money rather than give up my private information and please do what I didn't do. Read the small print on their site; it's all in there. If something goes wrong, you have two choices. Give up your money, or give up your privacy. The latter kind of defeating the point of having a VPN in the first place, does it not?

By the way, I have opened an account with another provider before discovering AirVPN. I like what I see here and may be back as a customer shortly if I can figure out how to use Bitcoins anonymously.

Return soon. You will NOT regret it. Air is the BEST VPN, period! I've used others, but Air's policy's, their motivation for doing this, their excellent support, the speed of their servers, and their tremendous knowledge and concern for international privacy and true 'net neutrality, are reasons enough to abandon your current VPN and return here very soon. It's in your best interest to do so!

A very satisfied AirVPN customer of 9 months.

Laurelli

<my rant>Privacy is a right and expectation that the citizens of the world once enjoyed, but took for granted, and have lost. Today we are made to believe that we only need privacy if we are doing something wrong. I do not believe this lie. Today we are told by our governments that we can have no expectations of privacy, for our own "safety" and for "the greater good" of society. Personally, I don't need a big brother to protect me, and I will NEVER choose to surrender my rights and my liberties for so-called safety and security from a boogie man. I will continue to use services, such as AirVpn, in order to exercise my right and expectation of privacy. Would that the sheep would learn.</end rant>