Not connected, Your IP: 13.59.36.203
Sign in to follow this  
Guest theanonymous1

[SOLVED] I am new to vpns and i dont know where to start

Guest theanonymous1

i just got started and i am trying to figure out how to get this configured with firefox and bittorrent.

Thanks

Guest theanonymous1

I am running windows 8 64-bit

Hello!

Instructions for Windows are here (or click on "Enter" from the upper menu). Download the appropriate package for Windows 8 64 bit, which includes OpenVPN 2.3.1 and our client. You are not forced to use our client: you can use also OpenVPN GUI or OpenVPN directly to connect to our servers, as well as any other OpenVPN wrapper, anyway you might like to try our client for immediate connection and additional comfort.

Decompress the package and follow the instructions.

About your question on Firefox and uTorrent: you don't need any specific configuration for them, you just have to make sure that you launch them after the connection to one of our servers is established, then use them normally. This is true for every program, all the programs traffic will be tunneled transparently. There may be exceptions but only if you are into "advanced usage", for example forcefully binding a program to your computer physical interface will have that program traffic sent and received out of the tunnel (probably nothing of interest for you at the moment).

Next step (or first step, as you prefer) is having a look at our FAQ and How-To, they will help you use the service in the best way. The servers monitor is a useful tool that you may access to have an overview of available servers and many more information. It is accessible by clicking on the "Status" button, direct link https://airvpn.org/status . If you have any issue please do not hesitate to write here or open a support ticket. In the forums you will also find "News and Announcements", description of additional services included in your subscription (such as Dynamic DNS, Remote Port Forwarding, Configuration Generator, IP geo-blocking bypass system, DNS checking, OpenVPN over SSL/SSH and more to come), which might come handy to you in the future and, last but not least, an active and competent community.

Kind regards

Guest theanonymous1

Thank you, it works perfectly.

Hi guys

it is a nice sunny day today, isn't it?

I am here for the first day and I am a bit confused. Can I use the VPN settings for Windows 8 on one PC and also for Windows 7 on another notebook which I always také with me?

have a great day guys