Not connected, Your IP: 54.165.122.173
Sign in to follow this  
dajasc

real IP getting broadcast?

I don't use my connection to AirVPN all the time.  But, I have one particular machine that uses it whenever it is on.  Air starts when the machine does.  I have Air setup to forward one port back to me and the only machine that ever uses that port for anything is the one that is connected to Air.

I have recently had a look a my firewall logs, and noticed that when that machine is not running I am getting a huge number of requests for that port that are getting blocked.  My question is why would those requests ever come to me at my real IP address at all?  How would anyone associate that port (and the private, internal IP that Air assigns that machine when it connects) to my real IP?

By huge number of requests I mean it is a request every other second or so.

I don't use my connection to AirVPN all the time.  But, I have one particular machine that uses it whenever it is on.  Air starts when the machine does.  I have Air setup to forward one port back to me and the only machine that ever uses that port for anything is the one that is connected to Air.

I have recently had a look a my firewall logs, and noticed that when that machine is not running I am getting a huge number of requests for that port that are getting blocked.  My question is why would those requests ever come to me at my real IP address at all?  How would anyone associate that port (and the private, internal IP that Air assigns that machine when it connects) to my real IP?

By huge number of requests I mean it is a request every other second or so.

Hello!

There's no way yo make such a correlation, unless with correlation attacks (see our FAQ) from an adversary with the ability to monitor your line. These attacks can be successful only if your system is badly configured (for example if it runs services listening to every interface and the remotely forwarded ports are open even locally).

Is that machine secured so that when the VPN connection is not "on", the traffic is blocked?

Kind regards