Not connected, Your IP: 3.142.200.226
Sign in to follow this  
Waspxor

Strange Client behavior...

I've used Airvpn service for over a year now and have gotten strange behavior from the client.

When connecting to any server with UDP 443, any sort of torrent activity trigger an entire network lock up with this very weird output from the windows client.

http://i.imgur.com/sU2VZ4e.png

Afterwards all network activity is stopped and usually I have to reconnect the VPN. 

However this type of network lock up does not occur with torrent activity using an TCP 80 tunnel. Also The network will function just fine at high speeds with UDP 443 as long as its not torrent activity. I have all my ports forwarded, I've used multiple torrent clients on windows and linux, I have locked down my DNS leaks...

The only conclusion I can draw is my ISP (comcast) doesn't like VPN traffic on UDP port 443, but if that were the case I would have difficulty using any other sort of network resource (such as web surfing, wget, youtube, etc) This network lock is the exact behavior happens on the network when any sort of torrent activity is done without a VPN...

I'm at a complete loss after I triggered another lock up, while I wiresharked my connection to make sure it was encrypted..

any help would be nice

Hello!

Can you please try port 53 UDP and report if the problem is the same?

The kind of network lock you met is in our experience commonly caused by something that wrongly interprets the normal OpenVPN UDP flow as an attack. When you're connected to the VPN over UDP, all the incoming traffic is UDP, as you know, so this might trigger the security systems of packet filtering tools etc. This would explain also why you don't have problems with TCP. We have noted this behavior with some Internet security suites for Windows, can you please check in your system?

Kind regards

I ran some tests with the network using 53 UDP, it appears to be a triggered by any large amount of UDP traffic will shut the entire network down (including for other peers on the network, not just my system) I believe this narrows my problem down to two things a security system on my router, or a security system of my ISP.

I strongly believe that it is my router's fault, as I've used UDP connections on my home network several times