Not connected, Your IP: 3.86.235.207

Hello,

I am a new user but I am already fascinated by what you are providing.

I know that you specialize in providing VPNs, but what about preparing a new product: a torrent proxy. I would be very interested to acquire a torrent proxy because I do not always use the VPN. I am sure you would be able to provide a very good product.

Hello!

Thank you for the suggestion. Can we ask why you would be willing to use a torrent proxy? It's a delicate argument, because there are security risks to consider. Some torrent client, like uTorrent, BitSpirit, and libTorrent, write an IP address directly into the packets sent to the swarm peers. So when they run in a machine where an OpenVPN client has established a tunnel in routed mode all is fine but when they are behind a proxy they write your REAL IP address inside the packets.

See also here: https://blog.torproject.org/blog/bittorrent-over-tor-isnt-good-idea

Kind regards

Well,

Thanks for providing this information. I did not know that. So basically the Bittorrent applications offer no security, encrypting the shared files with your information regarding the real IP right?

Well,

Thanks for providing this information. I did not know that. So basically the Bittorrent applications offer no security, encrypting the shared files with your information regarding the real IP right?

Hello!

The above mentioned torrent clients have this bad behavior, in some circumstances (they put an IP address inside some packets they send out, under some circumstances). Please note that this bad behavior is irrelevant if your system is connected to an OpenVPN server, because in the worst case the torrent client will be able to transmit the VPN IP address only, not your real IP address.

The behavior becomes potentially dangerous for your privacy if your torrent client connects to a proxy, or if you use a PPTP based VPN.

Kind regards