Not connected, Your IP: 3.15.4.244
Sign in to follow this  
wintersnow

I can't connect to pop server or ISP's webmail page

When I click "get mail," it says "connecting to pop server" and then times out. When I go to the web mail page, the page never loads.

Because of the restrictions of my ISP, I switched to another provider to send email, which works fine behind AirVPN.

Is there a way around what is likely also my ISP's restriction of its pop server? Perhaps changing the port from 110? Or something else?

Thanks for any help.

When I click "get mail," it says "connecting to pop server" and then times out. When I go to the web mail page, the page never loads.

Because of the restrictions of my ISP, I switched to another provider to send email, which works fine behind AirVPN.

Is there a way around what is likely also my ISP's restriction of its pop server? Perhaps changing the port from 110? Or something else?

Thanks for any help.

Hello!

Maybe your ISP mail service is reserved to those directly connected to the ISP network?

Kind regards

That's what I'm thinking. I just wondered if there is a way around it.

Thanks for your reply.

Hello!

Why not ask directly to your ISP?

Kind regards

My ISP advised that they block nothing coming from a VPN. They said the VPN is blocking a protocol or something else. Does AirVPN block anything that could affect email other than port 25?

Suddenly, I can connect to my ISP's pop server and web mail page.

I changed nothing. I don't know why I wasn't able to connect the last time I tried,

but am glad that I can now.

Thanks for your help on this.

Hello!

Thanks, but the credit is not deserved: we did not change anything. We're glad to know that the problem is solved.

About your question: absolutely not, the only outbound blocked port is 25. This is the only compromise to Net Neutrality violation that we reluctantly put in place soon after AirVPN birth, unfortunately mandatory to prevent spam without monitoring traffic. Spam is a big issue for any VPN provider, it can cause wide blacklisting of the exit-IP address in few days.

Kind regards