Not connected, Your IP: 3.145.178.157
Sign in to follow this  
chiquito50

Port forwarding not working, uTorrent stays green

Hello,

I have 4 ports forwarded on the AirVPN site, however on checking them on that site I am given the error:

Not reachable on server IP over the external port 3979, tcp protocol. Error : 110 - Connection timed out

This test is performed while the application that should be using 3979 is running (OpenTTD server). In uTorrent, the icon turns green but downloads often stay slow (< 30KB/s) while other times they max my connection.

I am running windows server 2012 essentials, and have set up Comodo to block non-VPN traffic as per the guide thread. My router is a Zyxel p-660HW-T1 v2 and does not support custom firmware. I also have no forwarding rules for this machine on the router.

Hi!

The open ports thing doesn't have that much/if anything to do with your speeds. Maybe torrents start more slowly since only you can make outgoing connections at first.

If the site says you're not connectable doesn't mean much, think it's not doing this test properly all the time. However, do the port check in utorrent. If the icon turns green everything is ok no matter what. Think then you have incomming connections, even if the port may be closed.

regards

pyro

The uTorrent port checker fails, as does the AirVPN test and the www.canyouseeme.org test.

Could this be a setting in my router, or one in the Comodo firewall?