Not connected, Your IP: 3.235.180.245
Sign in to follow this  
d.1.m

Connection Timed Out..

All of a sudden today, I can't seem to connect.

Nothing new has been installed or changes made to the system in the last week. It had been working fine for months until today.

I have the hosts file configured to 85.17.207.151

All of a sudden today, I can't seem to connect.

Nothing new has been installed or changes made to the system in the last week. It had been working fine for months until today.

I have the hosts file configured to 85.17.207.151

Hello!

We apologize for the inconvenience, it's a problem on our side: our secondary frontend 85.17.207.151 went down for datacenter problems during the new year's day night. Technicians in the datacenter have been warned immediately, just a few minutes after the down, and are currently working to solve the issue. In the meantime, you can use our primary frontend, just modify the line in your hosts file in this way:

212.117.180.25 airvpn.org

Thank you for your patience.

Kind regards

Still no luck, should I get rid of the other server addresses in the host file (46.105.19.36 and 85.17.207.151)

It would be helpful if such server changes were put on the 'annoucements'. I have wasted over 3 hours and counting

Sorted now.. Thank you.

@ admin ' Wishing you a Happy New Year' and a great 2013... All the best

Still no luck, should I get rid of the other server addresses in the host file (46.105.19.36 and 85.17.207.151)

It would be helpful if such server changes were put on the 'annoucements'. I have wasted over 3 hours and counting :(

Hello!

46.105.19.36 was dismissed several months ago.

Now everything is back to normal, both frontend1 and frontend2 (85.17.207.151) are working just fine.

The main frontend (currently 212.117.180.25) is the airvpn.org "official" DNS resolution. In case of emergency we can switch DNS. The problem with the secondary frontend occurred in a very unfavorable time frame (exactly 13 minutes before the midnight between 31 Dec 2012 and 01 Jan 2013 in our and datacenter local time) and although we warned immediately the datacenter technicians it took several hours to be solved.

Happy New Year to everybody!

Kind regards

Hello,

I am just continuing in this thread as it is regarding connection issues.

After your help yesterday all went well for a few hours and then it disconnected.

This 'disconnection' issue has occurred on various occasions over the past few months, namely in the following scenarios:

1) Connection just disconnects and retries to re-connect itself, but not always successful.

2) Connection just disconnects saying 'Authorization failed' must be connected from another machine.

3) Connection disconnects and when you try to re-connect it says 'Already connected'.

All the above issues are usually resolved by ending the 'airvpn' process in task manager, waiting a few minutes and re-connecting. Sometimes I have to re-boot which is a pain.

When I am away from the machine it is usually 'hit and miss' whether the data downloads would have completed upon my return.

There is no pattern at all but usually does happen 2-3 times in a week in the form of one of the above scenarios.

Kind regards,

If you have IPV6 enabled and have no use for it, disable it for now. It resolved similar issues I had experienced.

When I would go to locations that were IPv6 aware, I would get similar issues with it enabled.

Other locations without IPv6 were fine.

Also depending on what services you use, IPv6 may be an info leak.

Just remember that you disabled it explicitly in the case you need to use IPv6 in the future.

If on Win 8, there are some additional concerns to look into.

IPV6 is disabled on all network adapters.

The connection has been stable now for over 48hrs.

Connection disconnected again in the early hours of the morning. Tried to reconnect after waking up but it said 'Unable to connect to remote server'.

Only option was to reboot the system

Is it possible to use Openvpn 2.3 by changing the directory in 'preferences' because the client logs says the bundle has Openvpn 2.2.2

Any permanent solutions, please?

Connection disconnected again in the early hours of the morning. Tried to reconnect after waking up but it said 'Unable to connect to remote server'.

Only option was to reboot the system :(

Is it possible to use Openvpn 2.3 by changing the directory in 'preferences' because the client logs says the bundle has Openvpn 2.2.2

Any permanent solutions, please?

Hello!

Yes, you can try the following bundles, which come with an Air client compiled for .NET framework 4.0 (you'll need it as well).

The following is bundled with OpenVPN 2.3_rc1 for 64 bit systems:

https://airvpn.org/repository/air_windows8_x86_64.zip

The following is bundled with OpenVPN 2.3_rc1 for i686:

https://airvpn.org/repository/air_windows8_i686.zip

They were originally prepared for Windows 8 but they run just fine on any system with .NET framework 4 (just make sure not to mismatch 32 and 64 bit versions).

Kind regards

Working fine now with the 64 bit

Got rid of 2.2.2 and installed 2.3 rc2 but that didn't seem to work so had to re-install 2.3 rc1.

If the 'bundle version' and 'current version' in the logs are not the same, the client doesn't connect.

So, what happens when newer versions of Openvpn are released, in this case 2.3 rc2 ?

Working fine now with the 64 bit :)

Got rid of 2.2.2 and installed 2.3 rc2 but that didn't seem to work so had to re-install 2.3 rc1.

If the 'bundle version' and 'current version' in the logs are not the same, the client doesn't connect.

So, what happens when newer versions of Openvpn are released, in this case 2.3 rc2 ? :unsure:

Hello!

This is a special case for which the latest stable release of OpenVPN seems to cause issues on some Windows 8 systems. Normally the client is bundled, and programmed to run, with the latest stable release, not with a release candidate. Remember that you have always the option to use OpenVPN directly or the OpenVPN GUI or any other OpenVPN wrapper.

Kind regards

In that case, with every release of Openvpn will a different 'airvpn client' require to be downloaded?

I thought you just amended the 'openvpn path' in the 'preferences' to which ever release you were using and the client would take it from there.

Also, AFAIK the Openvpn client has a limit of 50 config files.

What are the main reason/s for a lost connection?

In that case, with every release of Openvpn will a different 'airvpn client' require to be downloaded?

Hello!

The current road map includes major new releases essentially aimed to circumvent censorship in a much more robust way and integrate new services which are being developed (OpenVPN over SSL and OpenVPN over SSH). Also, a Linux version which requires Mono is under development.

I thought you just amended the 'openvpn path' in the 'preferences' to which ever release you were using and the client would take it from there.

Correct.

Also, AFAIK the Openvpn client has a limit of 50 config files.

With OpenVPN GUI for Windows you have that limit. Anyway you can have as many configurations as you wish and access them by launching directly OpenVPN.

What are the main reason/s for a lost connection?

Statistically, the overwhelming majority of disconnections we have analyzed through support requests is caused by a new IP address "assignment" to the client system by its ISP, this obviously can't be solved on our side. A minor number of disconnection cases are caused by disruptions of OpenVPN connections (only in human rights hostile countries).

Kind regards

Thank you for clearing that Interesting road map...

Correct.

I did point the 'openvpn path' to the 2.3 rc2 location but it didn't work so I take it, as you mentioned, it is a one off case and in future you just install the latest openvpn release and amend the path. I am using Win7 Pro.

Thank you for clearing that :) Interesting road map...

Correct.

I did point the 'openvpn path' to the 2.3 rc2 location but it didn't work

Hello!

Strange, it might be a bug, the client programmer (who anyway reads the forum) will be informed about it.

Kind regards

That is what I had mentioned in my earlier post