Not connected, Your IP: 3.81.221.121
Sign in to follow this  
old_tec

[SOLVED] Can't Connect to Any Servers

I am unable to connect to any servers, using either AirVPN or OpenVPN from just one PC on my home network. I can connect either way, using other wired/wireless PC's - no problem. I have temporarily disabled Windows Firewall on the offending PC and I have changed router ports & local ip address - to no effect.

It appears that the failing PC is attempting to connect using TCP, while the others are connecting successfully via UDP. I am ignorant when it comes to networking and I have no idea how to control this. I have stared & compared the various settings in the associated network adapters but nothing is slapping me in the face with an obvious solution.

Unfortunately, the PC that fails to connect is the one I REALLY need for VPN. Please have mercy on a clueless newbie and HELP!

I have attached logs from both the failing & working PC's. Thank you.

Unsuccessful_Log.txt

I am unable to connect to any servers, using either AirVPN or OpenVPN from just one PC on my home network. I can connect either way, using other wired/wireless PC's - no problem. I have temporarily disabled Windows Firewall on the offending PC and I have changed router ports & local ip address - to no effect.

It appears that the failing PC is attempting to connect using TCP, while the others are connecting successfully via UDP. I am ignorant when it comes to networking and I have no idea how to control this. I have stared & compared the various settings in the associated network adapters but nothing is slapping me in the face with an obvious solution.

Unfortunately, the PC that fails to connect is the one I REALLY need for VPN. Please have mercy on a clueless newbie and HELP!

I have attached logs from both the failing & working PC's. Thank you.

Hello!

In the PC which fails the connection, OpenVPN is trying to connect over a proxy which is not responding.

Either you don't need to connect over Air over a proxy, or your proxy is misconfigured.

In the 1st case: please disable proxy connection on your Air client. In order to do so, please right-click the Air dock icon, select "Preferences" and set the Proxy Type combo box to "None".

In the 2nd case: please make sure that your proxy is running AND listening to port 9050. If you tell us which proxy you're using, we might help you with that.

We're looking forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards

Proxy on the AirVPN client was set to Socks. I don't know how that happened or how I missed it - I looked at it about a dozen times and it just didn't register.

Many thanks for your outstanding support and kudos for great VPN service.