Not connected, Your IP: 3.147.73.35
Sign in to follow this  
Staff

New servers: how to connect

Hello!

We have two new VPN servers in Germany and the Netherlands. They are reserved to premium users.

[uPDATE: new server in the USA too]

If you use AirVPN client, no change is necessary, you just need to select your favourite server and connection port.

If you use OpenVPN client, you need to log in our website and select menu "Member"-->"Access without our client". Pick your favourite server and port, accept terms of use and finally click on "Generate". You will receive an air.zip file which contains all you need. Copy the content of the air.zip archive and paste it into OpenVPN configuration directory. Finally, run OpenVPN client.

You can generate as many configurations as you wish for each server and each port you connect to. We recommend that you rename all the configurations you need so that you may switch from one to another whenever you wish.

Kind regards

AirVPN admins

When I try to "access without our client" this warning appears:

CONNECTION NOT RELIABLE. GO AWAY FROM THIS WEBSITE

What to do?

islabonita wrote:

When I try to "access without our client" this warning appears:

CONNECTION NOT RELIABLE. GO AWAY FROM THIS WEBSITE

What to do?

Hello!

This is because the SSL certificate is for airvpn.org, NOT www.airvpn.org. So, please connect always to https://airvpn.org

Kind regards

AirVPN admins

thanks, everything is working now. I have also noticed the extra 7 days in premium access.

For anyone connecting without Airvpn client, in the "connect without client" page there still are french flags, but server 94.75.255.91 is in Holland and 178.162.181.105 is the German one.

rokyn wrote:

thanks, everything is working now. I have also noticed the extra 7 days in premium access.

For anyone connecting without Airvpn client, in the "connect without client" page there still are french flags, but server 94.75.255.91 is in Holland and 178.162.181.105 is the German one.

Hello and thank you! Fixed now.

Can you please contact us in private? The extra for premium users should be 10 days, not 7.

Kind regards

AirVPN admins

What about free members????There is no any server for free member.

Hello!

Only premium members can select a server to connect to.

We haven't discussed yet any plan to activate any kind of free service, so we can't give any time or date. You are kindly invited to join our premium offers.

For any further inquiry related to free servers please read the following message:

https://airvpn.org/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=55&func=view&catid=3&id=347&limit=6&limitstart=30#388

Kind regards

AirVPN admins

Can you please contact us in private? The extra for premium users should be 10 days, not 7.

Kind regards

AirVPN admins

yes you are right it's 10 days overall, i just counted out downtime period. Anyway i think i'll soon contact you in private as by your request, for more infos on the 9 months+3 months free offer

rokyn wrote:

yes you are right it's 10 days overall, i just counted out downtime period. Anyway i think i'll soon contact you in private as by your request, for more infos on the 9 months+3 months free offer :)

Hello!

You're welcome. :)

Kind regards

AirVPN admins

dnniwa485 wrote:

xD... the servers are currently overloaded atm.

hoping that the service will restore to its past glory.

Hello!

It seems that Altair, in the Netherlands, is a favourite, since today it has for several minutes reached nearly 100% bandwidth capacity. :)

Please, switch to Polaris in Germany while we improve load balance. Since its "birth" Polaris has never gone beyond 4% bandwidth load. It is largely unused.

Furthermore, we are ready to add nodes if necessary.

Kind regards

AirVPN admins

Guest Sakujakira

Hm, Mayber there are most German Users?

In my opinion as a german, there is less sense to connect to

a german server.

For example Youtube, there are a lot of videos banned if you are

german.

Sakujakira wrote:

Hm, Mayber there are most German Users?

In my opinion as a german, there is less sense to connect to

a german server.

For example Youtube, there are a lot of videos banned if you are

german.

Hello!

For privacy reasons we don't say which countries our members are from. Anyway guaranteed bandwidth is still there, you should experience no shortage on the guaranteed allocated bandwidth, neither in Altair nor in Polaris.

Moreover we have not stopped working to expand the infrastructure and the bandwidth. Stay tuned, some good news are planned very soon. :)

Kind regards

AirVPN admins

The "free" service and "circumvent censorship, free internet" bla bla was just viral marketing to get their regular business model up and running and save cost for ads. There is no such thing as a free lunch.

The cake is a lie.

tfp1984 wrote:

The "free" service and "circumvent censorship, free internet" bla bla was just viral marketing to get their regular business model up and running and save cost for ads. There is no such thing as a free lunch.

The cake is a lie.

Hello!

We will prove you wrong, as usual, very soon. :)

There is, however, a dark side of the free service as we were running it: scammers. Scammers were reselling our free service, so that final customers were paying something they could have for free. These scammers are now very angry that they can't scam anymore and try to discredit us in order to have back the service without controls as before.

After an investigation, we ascertained that the "final customer" was unaware he/she was using our system because the scammers built up a system which kept the free server hidden. Only through a double check the "customer" could discover the fraud (detecting their outgoing IP address and then performing a reverse DNS lookup).

When we put up again the free service, we'll have to deal with the issue. The free service must remain a tool for promotion and to circumvent censorship for those who can't afford to pay, not a revenue source for scammers.

Kind regards

AirVPN admins

Guest Sakujakira

Calm down guys.

The service will come back. Be patient.

The Admins are working on it.

Each several hours there is a new Post "bring back the service"

It´s okay, that you want back the service, but if you´re begging or

press for it, it wont be get faster.

<strong>tfp1984 wrote:</strong>

The cake is a lie.

u are probably right to some extent