8 replies to this topic

#1 madrat

madrat

Advanced Member

• Members2
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 10 February 2019 - 11:56 PM

Just got a new modem/router. Ran tests on IPleak.net. My MacBook Pro connecting via WiFi passes the ipv6 tests just fine but my iMac, using ethernet, does not. Any suggestions? Log can be posted if necessary.

OK, here is my log:

Spoiler

#2 madrat

madrat

Advanced Member

• Members2
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 09:48 PM

Just got a new modem/router. Ran tests on IPleak.net. My MacBook Pro connecting via WiFi passes the ipv6 tests just fine but my iMac, using ethernet, does not. Any suggestions? Log can be posted if necessary.

OK, here is my log:

Spoiler

This is part of what my system log reports, so I'm not exactly sure why ipleak is showing a fail?

"Network Lock Active: Yes, macOS - PF
Connected to VPN: Yes, Telescopium
Detected DNS: 10.19.3.1, fde6:7a:7d20:f03::1
Test DNS IPv4: Ok
Test DNS IPv6: Ok
Test Ping IPv4: 171 ms
Test Ping IPv6: 152 ms
Test HTTP IPv4: Ok
Test HTTP IPv6: Ok
Test HTTPS: Ok"

#3 madrat

madrat

Advanced Member

• Members2
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 14 February 2019 - 04:06 PM

OK, here is my log:

Spoiler

This is part of what my system log reports, so I'm not exactly sure why ipleak is showing a fail?

Since I don't seem to be getting any ideas, hear is my full System log. Someone who can read these may be able to spot something:

Spoiler

#4 madrat

madrat

Advanced Member

• Members2
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 14 February 2019 - 05:06 PM

OK, here is my log:

Spoiler

Since I don't seem to be getting any ideas, hear is my full System log. Someone who can read these may be able to spot something:

Spoiler

For comparison, here is my System log from my MacBook Pro, connecting via wifi and passing the ipv6 tests on ipleak.

Spoiler

#5 madrat

madrat

Advanced Member

• Members2
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 15 February 2019 - 11:22 PM

Anyone else on A Telus T3200M router and running OS X and care to share possibly which options to change on the router to fix the problem. I still pass the ipv6 ipleak test through wifi from my MacBook Pro but still fail from my iMac via ethernet. System Preferences/Network/Advanced shows Configure IPv6 automatically. It shows a Router address and below that, it shows 2 ipv6 addresses. Under DNS it shows both ipv4 and ipv6 addresses.

#6 madrat

madrat

Advanced Member

• Members2
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 19 February 2019 - 09:21 PM

Anyone else on A Telus T3200M router and running OS X and care to share possibly which options to change on the router to fix the problem. I still pass the ipv6 ipleak test through wifi from my MacBook Pro but still fail from my iMac via ethernet. System Preferences/Network/Advanced shows Configure IPv6 automatically. It shows a Router address and below that, it shows 2 ipv6 addresses. Under DNS it shows both ipv4 and ipv6 addresses.

Well, you gotta love a good mystery!

#7 madrat

madrat

Advanced Member

• Members2
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 03:56 PM

OK folks, a little update. I ran the IPleak test on my Safari browser and passed the tests no problem. Since I normally run Firefox on both my iMac and MacBook Pro, and the tests pass on my Pro but not my iMac, I'm assuming it has something to do with an add on I have on Firefox on my iMac that I don't have on my MacBook Pro. When I have time, I will compare addons on both computers and see if I can't narrow down which one is the problem. I'll get back to you later.

#8 madrat

madrat

Advanced Member

• Members2
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 05:16 PM

OK folks, a little update. I ran the IPleak test on my Safari browser and passed the tests no problem. Since I normally run Firefox on both my iMac and MacBook Pro, and the tests pass on my Pro but not my iMac, I'm assuming it has something to do with an add on I have on Firefox on my iMac that I don't have on my MacBook Pro. When I have time, I will compare addons on both computers and see if I can't narrow down which one is the problem. I'll get back to you later.

So, apparently NOT to do with the add-ons. I disabled ALL Firefox add-ons on my iMac, shut down and restarted Firefox but IPleak still shows "IPv6 test not reachable. (error)" and "Fallback: Fail (timeout)". Anyone else have any other ideas?

#9 serenacat

serenacat

Advanced Member

• Members2
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 21 February 2019 - 02:22 AM

I have never paid the admittance fee to enter the walled garden of maybe addictive poison apples to hang out with mad rats, so ...

Another ip leak test website which may offer more  info is https://www.doileak.com

The best protocol dissection instruments may be https://www.wireshark.org/

which has a "macOS 10.6 and later Intel 64-bit .dmg" for download.

The promo title is "Wireshark ยท Go Deep.", and you may learn more than you want to know about moving bits.