Not connected, Your IP: 3.135.205.146
Sign in to follow this  
bm9vbmUK

Airvpn in Docker

So this is a bit of a reference/help request for my topic here - https://airvpn.org/topic/22519-howto-airvpn-deluge-and-docker/?hl=%2Bdocker+%2Bdeluge. The setup I have with nginx+airvpn+deluge works, but there are some issues I have.

1) The most mysterious issue is that Eddie seems to stop, more often than not, at 'Ready'. So all of the setup steps are successful, but 'Session Starting' does not show up in the logs and Eddie just sits there in a disconnected state. After enough restarting of the container it will eventually launch, but I can't figure out why it's not consistent.

2) This may be related to the first question, but after a period of time Eddie will disconnect and not reconnect until I restart the Docker container. Sometimes I can stay connected for weeks, while other times it dies after a day. Nothing has stood out to me in the logs as being helpful, but I will try to grab them the next time this happens.

3) This may be more of a Docker issue, but when I try to run eddie without extra flags I run into two errors. The first one is that eddie tries to backup /etc/resolv.conf and fails because of a file lock. This causes an endless error loop. The way I resolved this was to disabled dns via eddie 'dns.mode=none' and mount a custom resolv.conf into the container. The second issue is ipv6. The Eddie documentation says that ipv6 is disabled by default, but if I don't have 'ipv6.mode=none' as an argument eddie fails to connect because it tries to connect to an ipv6 address. Not sure why that's happening. It's a fairly recent development.

All of these issues are present in a base image of ubuntu:18.04 and ubuntu:18:10. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

PS: If you want a portable/isolated airvpn+deluge, check out my Docker post linked above. Obviously the issues in this post persist, but it works quite well for me generally speaking.