Not connected, Your IP: 52.87.200.112
blueruin39

Port-forwarding "Error 111 - connection refused"

Not reachable on server IP over the external port [xxxxx], tcp protocol. Error : 111 - Connection refused.

Why am I getting this error message when I test forwarded ports? I've tried troubleshooting by eliminating variables such as changing servers, creating new forwarded ports, restarting, ect., but when I test forwarded ports I continue to get the above error message (when I hover over the black circle after the test).

Hello!

Error 111 means "connection refused" and you get that error when packets from the Internet through our VPN server reach your node properly and are actively refused. The most common cause is a firewall dropping packets.

Kind regards

Hello!

Error 111 means "connection refused" and you get that error when packets from the Internet through our VPN server reach your node properly and are actively refused. The most common cause is a firewall dropping packets.

Kind regards

A firewall on my end? Because I don't have one running. What steps should I take to troubleshoot this from here?

Hello!

Kind regards

A firewall on my end? Because I don't have one running. What steps should I take to troubleshoot this from here?

Are you using Eddie and is the listening server on the same machine running Eddie?

I am using Eddie, yes.

The listening server is whatever server that AirVPN uses to test open ports on the Portforwarding page, but I also used canyouseeme.org.

The weird thing is that this problem is replicated across two of my systems (Linux and Mac), but on a third system (Linux), three ports are currently open and green.

So I am able to port-forward on one system, but not on the other two?

What is the common factor that would cause this to occur...

I am using Eddie, yes.

The listening server is whatever server that AirVPN uses to test open ports on the Portforwarding page, but I also used canyouseeme.org.

The weird thing is that this problem is replicated across two of my systems (Linux and Mac), but on a third system (Linux), three ports are currently open and green.

So I am able to port-forward on one system, but not on the other two?

What is the common factor that would cause this to occur...

No, the listening server is whatever you're trying to forward a port to.    If that's not up and running and listening on the port you've assigned in the port forwarding rule the test will fail.