Not connected, Your IP: 3.80.173.25

I've been a customer for so long I cannot remember since when, 6 years at least, all this time I have been waiting patiently, asking, for one simple thing.

A SERVER IN THE REPUBLIC OF IRELAND

Come on guys ffs what is the problem??

Also, you need to get on top of this growing blocking of your IP's by media companies. I'm sure their is a solution to prevent them detecting/blocking us. You are going to end up with no business model at this rate.  Geo Blocking is the No2 reason to use AirVPN.

Hello!

I've been a customer for so long I cannot remember since when, 6 years at least, all this time I have been waiting patiently, asking, for one simple thing.

As have many people, for many other desired locations. Some of which, such as Japan, have been added since then and/or had their server number bolstered.

A SERVER IN THE REPUBLIC OF IRELAND

Come on guys ffs what is the problem??

Quite simply, this has been answered in the FAQ. TL;DR: AirVPN doesn't just add servers whenever, but only when it makes sense.

This is actually one of the reasons people trust AirVPN, as they know it's not just based on adding as many servers as possible. So the "answer" is probably that Ireland isn't feasible somehow; whether in terms of cost, quality datacenters/connections or any local legislation that acts as a barrier. We also haven't had French and Italian servers for a long time and good too, because it shows Air takes its server placements seriously, according to a country by country evaluation.

Also, you need to get on top of this growing blocking of your IP's by media companies.

Staff has something to say about that. Most notably, that a lot of it falls outside of AirVPNs realm of responsibility. Of course everyone thinks it's frustrating to be blocked.

You are going to end up with no business model at this rate.  Geo Blocking is the No2 reason to use AirVPN.

That's not true whatsoever, since AirVPN is not basing its existence on those things.  As Staff duly writes in the second link:

It's not the main purpose of our service, but just a nice side effect, which will probably work less and less in the future. It would be very risky to hope to cover the expenses of our infrastructure with a geo-restriction bypass service, and we never really counted on it. In 2014 or 2013  we advertised this side-effect for a few days in the home page, and we quickly stopped because we saw it as a mistake with no future (it looks like we were right, unfortunately).

Ultimately, this has been talked about a huge number of times already, including by Staff.

The situation regarding server placement and geo-blocks hasn't changed much AFAIK; although I hear Netflix is at least now accessible.

As you may know, Staff doesn't telegraph their additions in advance. Hence for example the surprise at Japan being added suddenly. So perhaps 2019 will be it, for Irish servers.

Time will tell .

I'm not sure why this was posted in the reviews section when there's no review. As we're also beating a dead horse, I think it's doubly fair to lock this.

If you've got any questions or concerns, you're of course welcome to PM me.

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.