Not connected, Your IP: 3.140.188.16
Sign in to follow this  
dziGfxcDemk

question about free server limits

I am aware that there is a bandwidth limits on the free server imposed @ 1mb up/down for all active users.

Is there a limit on the number of users which are allowed to connect to the free server?

I've disconnected my machine to do some maintenance and tried to connect again, but I can't and I have been trying for the past 30 minutes or so! My openvpn client cannot even establish a connection to the free server, let alone do the ssl negotiating.

I can see from the server status that the number of users connected stands at around 240 and the bandwidth used is about 38/100.

Any help in clarifying this would be appreciated! Many thanks.

dziGfxcDemk wrote:

I am aware that there is a bandwidth limits on the free server imposed @ 1mb up/down for all active users.

Is there a limit on the number of users which are allowed to connect to the free server?

I've disconnected my machine to do some maintenance and tried to connect again, but I can't and I have been trying for the past 30 minutes or so! My openvpn client cannot even establish a connection to the free server, let alone do the ssl negotiating.

I can see from the server status that the number of users connected stands at around 240 and the bandwidth used is about 38/100.

Any help in clarifying this would be appreciated! Many thanks.

Hello!

There is no limit on the number of users who can connect, except physical machine limitations. These limitations are far to be reached and anyway, even if reached, we would expand the infrastructure in our ongoing commitment against censorship and in protection of Net Neutrality.

That said, we don't guarantee anything on the free service, it is given "as is". It is free, but no bandwidth, uptime or connection availability is guaranteed. Please upgrade to premium membership to use a full featured VPN with guaranteed bandwidth, uptime and much more.

Currently the free server is up and running, so it might be a problem on your side. Do not hesitate to open a ticket if you can't solve the issue and please attach your complete OpenVPN connection log.

Kind regards

AirVPN admins

Thanks, ticket just submitted and OpenVPN log attached! I've also asked if I could get a free coupon as I participated in the beta testing, so I hope to get a response to that as well. Thanks again.