Photo

LZ4 compression. is it safe/suggested to use with Airvpn?

compression

Best Answer Staff, 08 December 2018 - 02:13 PM

Hello!

Currently our VPN servers are configured to not use compression, so you can't use LZO or LZ4 with AirVPN. Some old compression vulnerability is therefore resolved at its roots. Furthermore, the incompatibility between "comp-lzo" and "compress" directives (a mutual incompatibility which sooner or later might have a dramatic impact) should be more easily solved in due time.

Kind regards

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Air4141841

Air4141841

Advanced Member

• Members2
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 08 December 2018 - 01:49 PM

I've read several places its not suggested to use LZ4 compression.   i have also verified with the Eddie client lzo compression is  turned OFF.

using my pfsense router should i try Lz4  or is this not suggested going forward?    or any links in explaining this i would appreciate it

thank you

#2 Staff

Staff

Advanced Member

• Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7858 posts

Posted 08 December 2018 - 02:13 PM   Best Answer

Hello!

Currently our VPN servers are configured to not use compression, so you can't use LZO or LZ4 with AirVPN. Some old compression vulnerability is therefore resolved at its roots. Furthermore, the incompatibility between "comp-lzo" and "compress" directives (a mutual incompatibility which sooner or later might have a dramatic impact) should be more easily solved in due time.

Kind regards