Photo
- - - - -

Is it really better than a VPN and TOR???

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ghostp

ghostp

Advanced Member

• Members2
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 03 December 2018 - 08:12 PM

Hello everyone,

I wonder if someone heared about the website sadd.io and what are you all (including experts here ;-) ) think about it in comparison to VPN, TOR ect.?

Cheers

#2 Staff

Staff

Advanced Member

• Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7699 posts

Posted 04 December 2018 - 12:26 PM

Hello everyone,

I wonder if someone heared about the website sadd.io and what are you all (including experts here ;-) ) think about it in comparison to VPN, TOR ect.?

Cheers

Hello!

Different aim and scope and also a nice idea. It's based on Tor too, although scaled down so that a single tab of a single browser of your system communicates with a remote desktop acting as an interface to Tor network . If you use Tor (directly in your system we mean) you get a stronger anonymity layer, while with a VPN you can tunnel the whole traffic of your system. On top of that, you need to consider that with Tor or VPN you can run your own programs locally, which in many circumstances can be a nicer solution.

When using a remote desktop not owned by yourself you also need to consider that end-to-end encryption with final services is performed by the remote desktop, and not by your system. So, those who have access to the sadd system may potentially have access to all of your "end-to-end" encrypted communications, because one of the ends is not your system but the remote desktop. Probably not acceptable in most circumstances.

Kind regards

#3 giganerd

giganerd

I shall have no title

• Members2
  • PipPipPip
  • 2627 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 December 2018 - 05:20 PM

In addition to Staff's points, I'd also ask the question of performance. You can do anything over the Tor network but latency-sensitive and/or traffic-heavy applications might have a hard time. To be pleasant to use, remote desktop needs both a low latency network and a performant one.

Always remember:
There's a guide to AirVPN,

Amazon IPs are not dangerous here,
running TOR exits is discouraged,

using spoilers for your logs helps us read your thread.

~ Furthermore, I propose that your paranoia is to be destroyed. ~

Instead of writing me a personal mail, consider contacting me via XMPP at gigan3rd@xmpp.airvpn.org or join the lounge@conference.xmpp.airvpn.org. I might read the mail too late whereas I'm always available on XMPP ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Servers online. Online Sessions: 12875 - BW: 45716 Mbit/sYour IP: 52.91.90.122Guest Access.