#41 Staff

Staff

Advanced Member

• Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7858 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 11:01 AM

Hello,

I have installed on my Sony Bravia Anroid TV. I can connect to servers without any problem but when I turn off the TV and turn on again, black screen stays around 1 minute and system restarts itself! So, should I change some settings? I like to have my VPN automatically reconnects to last server every time when I turn off and on the TV. Is it possible?

Thanks!

Hello!

Unfortunately this is a known bug affecting all Sony Bravia systems and documented here:

https://github.com/CiNcH83/sony_atv/issues/11

If there is a change in the networking state of the system while being connected to a VPN server via VpnService, a severe system crash happens. An app is never supposed to crash the system, only itself. This might be a severe security threat.

A change in the networking state can for example be provoked by turning off/on the TV. So VPN needs to be disconnected before turning off the TV or else there will be a crash when turning the TV on again.

After years, Sony has not yet fixed it.

Kind regards

#42 Fly AirVPN

Fly AirVPN

Advanced Member

• Members2
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 25 January 2019 - 08:00 AM

Installed on Pixel 3. While on a work wi-fi, the app disconnects and reconnects throughout the day. When using OpenVPN for Android, there is no connection issue. Not sure the reason.

#43 Staff

Staff

Advanced Member

• Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7858 posts

Posted 25 January 2019 - 11:14 AM

Installed on Pixel 3. While on a work wi-fi, the app disconnects and reconnects throughout the day. When using OpenVPN for Android, there is no connection issue. Not sure the reason.

Hello!

Probably it's just the same, but you don't see the disconnections because OpenVPN for Android tries to reconnect every 2 seconds, while Eddie locks the communications and requires manual intervention. In such cases, OpenVPN for Android can cause traffic leaks outside the tunnel while Eddie will not. In the next Eddie version we will probably add an option to disable best effort leaks prevention and allow leaks similarly to OpenVPN for Android, since it has been widely required. Communication lock will be enabled by default and a user can opt-out only.

However, if you see from the log that Eddie keeps really less stable connections, let us know and let's compare both apps configurations (protocol, port, entry-IP address, IPv6 over IPv4 enabled or disabled, OpenVPN engine (in OpenVPN for Android you can use 2.5 or 3, while Eddie uses directly OpenVPN 3).

Kind regards

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Servers online. Online Sessions: 13473 - BW: 50217 Mbit/sYour IP: 54.87.18.165Guest Access.