We're glad to inform you that we have released Eddie Android edition 2.0. Update 30-Nov-18: version 2.0.1 has been released.
Version 2.0 is a quantum leap when compared to 1.0. It tries to meet most, if not all, of our community requirements and keeps the promises we made: swift and full AirVPN integration as well as Android TV extended compatibility.
As usual Eddie is free and open source software released under GPLv3. Source code is available on GitLab:
You can download Eddie from the Google Play Store:
You can also download Eddie from Amazon App Store:
You can download Eddie Android 2.0.1 apk directly from our repository as well:
We are also working to make Eddie 2.0 available on the Amazon Appstore.
The application is fully localized and we look for translators, especially for translations into simplified and traditional Chinese. Korean, Japanese, and many other languages are welcome. If you wish to translate (from English) please contact email@example.com for every detail.
Eddie Android 2.0 adds tons of new features while keeping all the appreciated old ones:
- Free and open source OpenVPN GUI based on OpenVPN 3
- The only Android application officially developed by AirVPN
- Robust, best effort prevention of traffic leaks outside the VPN tunnel
- Battery-conscious application
- Low RAM footprint
- Ergonomic and friendly interface
- Ability to start and connect the application at device boot
- Option to define which apps must have traffic inside or outside the VPN tunnel through white and black list
- Full integration with AirVPN
- Enhanced security thanks to locally stored encrypted data through master password
- Quick one-tap connection and smart, fully automated server selection
- Smart server selection with custom settings
- Manual server selection
- Smart attempts to bypass OpenVPN blocks featuring protocol and server fail-over
- Full Android TV compatibility including D-Pad support. Mouse emulation is not required.
- Enhancements aimed to increase accessibility and comfort to visually impaired persons
- AirVPN servers sorting options
- Customizable "Favorite" and "Forbidden" servers
- OpenVPN mimetype support to import profiles from external applications
- Localization in English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Turkish
Changelog 2.0.1 (VC 14) - Release date: 30 November 2018 by ProMIND
- [ProMIND] Created MainTVActivity class for Android TV leanback launcher
- [ProMIND] Renamed class AboutActivity.java to WebViewerActivity.java. This new class is now used for external web sites and local html document to be shown within the app
- [ProMIND] Replaced start intent of external web browser with WebViewerActivity class in order to make the app compliant with Google's Android TV requirements
- [ProMIND] complete rewrite of onBind() method in order to properly manage VpnService intents
Enjoy AirVPN and give us your feedback!
Kind regards and datalove