Not connected, Your IP: 3.230.1.23
idefix

[MacOS mojave, 10.14.1, latest] NO Network anymore without Eddie connected

Hi everybody,

I have a strange problem: I can't access any site with my cable provider until I start a VPN using Eddie :-(

I usually use Eddie permanently but in some cases (system diagnostics) I have to switch off VPN and deactivate network lock.

It seems to lock the network even when closed now for me :-(

restarted a few times and tried different browsers and email.

hope you can help

thank you very much!

best tom

I got the same problem. i got Mac OS Mojave 10.14.2 and the newest  Eddie client. what now? 
I really don't like to re-install all the time my OS completly from a bootable os sierra usb stick, because a reinstall from a backup has not solved the problem. the problem occours still after an re installation from a backup. now i cant use your services. Or is there maybe a way to use the vpn service without the client?

I got the same problem. i got Mac OS Mojave 10.14.2 and the newest  Eddie client. what now? 

I really don't like to re-install all the time my OS completly from a bootable os sierra usb stick, because a reinstall from a backup has not solved the problem. the problem occours still after an re installation from a backup. now i cant use your services. Or is there maybe a way to use the vpn service without the client?

Hello!

You can run Tunnnelbick for example, instructions are included in the Mac page https://airvpn.org/macosx

If you close Eddie improperly, it will have no chance to restore system settings, but it will do it at the first proper shut down. If something goes wrong, check your DNS settings: it's the most common cause of apparent loss of connectivity and it can be fixed in a few seconds. You don't need to reinstall the whole system to set DNS properly.

Kind regards

Usually Eddie crashing will do this.. In this case its not the clients fault though. I was connected to Phoenix when I read the thread, but Im disconnected now and Eddie is closed and Im replying from my actual ISP connection. Just opened a couple other sites to make sure it was still on. Running Mojave as well, 10.14.3 as of the update yesterday, and its worked fine since I installed the OS last month. Ive been running the latest beta of Eddie since it came out.

The only issue Im having with it on 10.14 is it keeps setting off Lulu the network monitor trying to connect to one of the Air servers constantly. I shouldn't be getting a notification as I allowed the Eddie.app any outgoing connection. Lulu is an open source Little Snitch alternative btw.. 

Try deleting the preferences in the ~/.airvpn folder. Mojave has a handy shortcut now to show you the hidden directories. Open your home folder, hit CMD+Shift+period, delete the now visible .airvpn folder and start from scratch. Occasionally the prefs just go bad. This has fixed 99% of any issues Ive had with Eddie.

Hi, I've deleted the hidden folder, restarted, still unable to connect without running Eddie. Running latest everything. I have 2 user accounts on the machine that run Eddie when I log into them (I usually disconnect Eddie in one account, before connecting in the other), so I deleted the hidden folders on both accounts and then restarted and ran Eddie on both accounts. Still unable to connect without running Eddie. Any additional help with fixing this issue would be greatly appreciated. While I do mostly connect via AirVPN, there are times I'd like to connect via my ISP directly. Thank you so much!

I have exactly the same problem. I’m unable to login to my account on T-Mobile while running AirVPN. Until a few weeks ago all I had to do was disconnect Eddie, log on and then restart Eddie when I finished. Now the internet is blocked whether the vpn is running or not. Needless to say I’ve set the Network Lock in preferences to off.