Not connected, Your IP: 44.222.116.199
NickAtNight

Android - How do I run Eddie on Android?

I start my tvbox an android systm and bring up eddie and connect it.  Then I start Kodi for my subscription tv.  Using my computer which is too connected via Eddie, I come here and find that only one connection is connected.

So, is there a setting or action I'm missing on the Android?  Eddie seems to run, and stay up, without any problems.  Just the tv android box seems to drop out of the vpn.

Thank you for taking the time to read this, and if possible comment.

Hello!

Five simultaneous connection slots are available per account.

That said, Eddie Android edition 1.0 is compatible with Android, but in general not with all Android TV systems. Eddie 1.0 will run fine in those Android TV systems which the SAF has not been removed from and where mouse emulation is available.

Eddie Android edition 2.0 (currently in beta public testing) is fully compatible with Android TV, even with those systems lacking SAF and/or mouse emulation. Would you like to test it? It passed very successfully the alpha internal testing after all. :) If so, please see here:

https://airvpn.org/topic/30421-eddie-android-edition-20-beta-1-released/

Eddie Android 2.0 final (stable) release is planned for November the 23rd, 2018.

Kind regards

I should have include a couple of facts. 

I'm using a Vorke Z1 android box with 6.0.1 android version. 

I'm running a straight box not a "Android TV" system.

My mouse works (it's a low end, remote mousey). 

I don't rrun "Android TV" so I assume I don't have to worry about SAF.

I was wondering how do I tell if running my application for tv, that the vpn is still in place and hasn't stopped.

Thank you for your time Staff.  I sure could test 2.0, however, I may not be tech qualified to know what the heck I''m doing.  (eek)

Hello!

Eddie (both 1.0 and 2.0) feature a best effort leak prevention. Eddie will also notify you with any relevant event pertaining to the VPN or the network. Once connected to the VPN, therefore, you will know whether the connection is alive or not.

If you test version 2.0 beta please send us your feedback at your convenience.

Kind regards

Hi, will Eddie every work with the Firestick tv 2. If not how do I get airvpn on it.

Hello!

It works fine with Fire TV stick 1st generation, with Android 5.1. It has been extensively tested. Can you please test it (Eddie 2.0 of course, not 1.0) with your Fire TV 2? Eddie 2.0 includes full support to Android TV.

Kind regards