• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 UpdatingLine

UpdatingLine

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 November 2018 - 12:56 PM

Airvpn works in my host system with a usb wifi dongle on my win 7 system , but when connect the same dongle to the virtualbox guest which also is a win7 operating system (the same) the Eddie client refused to install the openvpn tap driver. i have downloaded and installed the openvpn driver by myself, Eddie connect now but only 2 servers with a latency over 300 are available. (i can see more servers, but no latency info)   
The virtualbox is version 5.2.20 r125813 , guest additions and extension pack are installed.
The same Realtec driver like the host for the usb dongle is installed in the guest.
Any advice or ideas, how to solve this?

#2 nick75

nick75

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 07 November 2018 - 05:49 PM

Hi,

You should leave your dongle connected to the host system and use NAT mode in VirtualBox.

#3 UpdatingLine

UpdatingLine

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 November 2018 - 07:50 PM

Hi,

You should leave your dongle connected to the host system and use NAT mode in VirtualBox.

Yes that works, but the guest image is in a veracrypt container. And M$ windows like to log everything you do including each time you connect in the register which wlan you use. Worst in a xlm file your wifi password is logged in hash easy to hack with gpu hashcat ... i want to avoid this and connect directly to the protected guest image and keep the host only for playing games.    

#4 win8

win8

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 11:41 PM

Yes that works, but the guest image is in a veracrypt container. And M$ windows like to log everything you do including each time you connect in the register which wlan you use. Worst in a xlm file your wifi password is logged in hash easy to hack with gpu hashcat ... i want to avoid this and connect directly to the protected guest image and keep the host only for playing games.    

Hi,

Bridged mode? Guest recognizes/sees hardware?

Edited by win8, 14 November 2018 - 11:41 PM.